Please Help Me!

sammyg

Hey,

I have a real problem that is stopping me from doing any type of physical training. Whenever I do high intensity exercise, like using the heavy bag, weights, running, etc. the back of my head hurts sooooo much! It is a really sharp pain & feels like my brain's throbing! it lasts for about 5mins, then starts going away, but i can still feel it for about another hour.

I first noticed it when i started this boxing routine, & when i got 2 the skipping, my head started 2 hurt during the exercise. Now i can't do anything! The other day i thought, "oh yeh i think it's gone now", so i did some 20 rep squats. At about 15reps my head hurt, so i put the weight back, & i was walking round the gym holding my head like yelling! The pain was that bad.

Please help me as i can't continue with ANY type of training while this is happening.

Thanx.

Are you holding your breath?

You may want to try keeping your mouth open when lifting to make sure you are not.

Not the final answer, but just a thought.....

Guest Russell Latterman

Maybe a part of your brain has become over sensative to physical stress becuase of a slight chemical imbalance.  I've gotten a head ache before from being so worn out from training.  Maybe your brain is firing the nerves way too soon.  You should go to a doctor soon.  It might be as simple as just taking some ibuprophen before you lift.  Don't buy prescription strength ibuprophen thou.  If your doctor suggests it, you can just buy it at the store and take 6-8 200mg tablets, instead of 2.  Ibuprophen is very safe.

I have one more idea.  Maybe it's just a small muscle in the upper part of your neck near your head.  It may be cramped from not being used much.  Try doing some neck warmups before working out and some exercises that would target the neck muscles.

Go see your dock!! But it could be a vertebra that’s just out of sink and a chiropractor can sort that out in a flash. My girlfriend had this intense pain that started in her lower leg and gradually moved up her leg and into the chest. Classic symptoms of an embolism. We rushed her to the hospital and it turned out to be a pinched nerve/vertebra out of sink. When your spine goes out of whack the symptoms can be very strange. :crazy

IMHO   :D