CRITIQUE With My Forearm/Grip Routine

Guest MonStar1023

Guest MonStar1023

Guys please help me out with my forearm/grip routine. Its at the end of my back, trap, bicep workout. Greatly appreciated guys..

CoC #2 Timed-holds 1 set to failure

Pinching Plates 1 set to failure

Thick-bar Wrist-roller 1 set to failure

Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 1 set 15-25 reps

Seated Barbell Reverse Wrist Curls 1 set 10-15 reps

CoC #1 reps to failure

:D  :D

What are your results by doing the following program (as you have outlined)?  How long have you been doing it?

the first thing I would do is to choose another moment to work your grip. At the end of a back workout, your forearms and grip should be gone if you worked hard and heavy enough. I can't figure how I could do some good grip work after 5x5 deadlift and power cleans. Work your grip on days that you are not in the gym.

CoC #2 timed holds. You need to do more sets. At least 4-5. If you hold over 10 seconds, replace time by strap holds.

Same thing for the plates pinching. 3 sets and up. I prefer heavy singles to timed holds. However, Scott Clayton, a master pincher, likes timed holds. see what's best for you.

No need to work both wrist curls and wrist roller. Choose one and work 4-5 heavy sets. Same thing for reverse wrist curls. If you choose wrist curls, keep your reps low, 5-8.

Shutting the #1 until you can't do it anymore is fun and a great cool down.

Once again, isolate your grip workouts, 4-5 sets, 5-8 reps, consider working singles and you're on your way to a good forearm developpement ... and a strong grip.

Guest kINGPIN

Yeah, with the wrist curls and the roller you are doubling up a bit.  I have put a post out on my opinions before about grip training after a workout.  I do not recomend it for many reasons.  The main one being that you are spending too much time in the gym and not enough time eating straight after your workout.  This is when your body is most responsive.  A lot of people like doing grip after a workout but that is just how I feel about it.