Fund Raising Idea

Scott Styles

What if the gripboard sold a CD/DVD containing all of the videos / images in the gallery and old archives? I could see it being of value in three cases:

1. Someone on dial up who wants to see everything - downloading them all may be impractical. Actually, even on high speed I'm still not sure I'd be patient enough to go through each folder now. Between the Cyberpump archives and the gripboard gallery, there's a lot out there. Also every time someone bought a CD instead of downloading everything, it would conserve some bandwidth.

2. Taking the videos and pics somewhere to show others

3. Taking the videos that people have not been able to see on their computer to view on the computer of someone more tech savy

Maybe Bill even still has some of the high res videos that were sourced from? That would be a nice feature.

It seems like a CD would be realtively easy, as simple as having a burner and some envelopes. The work would be consolidating all the information into an organized structure.

DVD would be more work because of the production effort, but it could potentially eliminate the need for a computer to view things at all.

Might be a nice way to do some fundraising in addition to KTA. This board is pretty bandwidth intensive. Thoughts?

What if the gripboard sold a CD/DVD containing all of the videos / images in the gallery and old archives?  I could see it being of value in three cases:

1. Someone on dial up who wants to see everything - downloading them all may be impractical.  Actually, even on high speed I'm still not sure I'd be patient enough to go through each folder now.  Between the Cyberpump archives and the gripboard gallery, there's a lot out there.  Also every time  someone bought a CD instead of downloading everything, it would conserve some bandwidth.

2. Taking the videos and pics somewhere to show others

3. Taking the videos that people have not been able to see on their computer to view on the computer of someone more tech savy

Maybe Bill even still has some of the high res videos that were sourced from?  That would be a nice feature.

It seems like a CD would be realtively easy, as simple as having a burner and some envelopes.  The work would be consolidating all the information into an organized structure. 

DVD would be more work because of the production effort, but it could potentially eliminate the need for a computer to view things at all.

Might be a nice way to do some fundraising in addition to KTA.  This board is pretty bandwidth intensive.  Thoughts?

sounds like a nice idea...but imagine the amount of hours it will take someone to go through all that stuff. not sure it would be worth it.

I think if the board needed money that bad, bill would sell himself on the street before undertaking such a huge task :)

That sounds like a good idea. so you can see feat after feat on DVD. :D . and the gripboard will get money :D

Edited by handgripperman

Plus who would buy stuff when they can get most of it for free.

The reason the gripboard is where it is at today is due to support by it's members and support by Cyberpump.com donators.

1. Judging by how Wannagrip has to basically hound people to donate to the board, I don't see a lot of people being willing to buy such a treasure.

2. I am not sure the people who have these capabilities have the time to do it. This would be a pretty big undertaking. I am willing to bet I have the best start on a project of this sort, but I am kind of busy with some of my own endeavors.

Great idea, though.

-Jedd-

I think this would be a great idee.

But a lot of videos could not be used inthe way they are on the board.

Some have bad quality or they are to short for a dvd.

I think when someone want`s to make such a thing it would be great but I think it would be better to do this with new videos extra shot for this project.

Then ther would be better results in the end.

Sounds like I underestimate the amount of work. Ah well, that's why you ask.

When it comes time to donate next, I suppose I'll probably do the Cyberpump membership. It's been a year or so since I was a member, so there are a lot of articles I haven't got to read.

For those wondering why donate - bandwidth is expensive and a lot of time goes into maintaining this site by Bill and the mods. We've always got the latest forum software, the board has a very high uptime %, and posts are still around from years ago. I think the quality job that is done is reflected in the experieced members who stay active in discussion. That's worthy of a donation to me.

Sounds like I underestimate the amount of work.  Ah well, that's why you ask.

When it comes time to donate next, I suppose I'll probably do the Cyberpump membership.  It's been a year or so since I was a member, so there are a lot of articles I haven't got to read.

For those wondering why donate - bandwidth is expensive and a lot of time goes into maintaining this site by Bill and the mods.  We've always got the latest forum software, the board has a very high uptime %, and posts are still around from years ago.  I think the quality job that is done is reflected in the experieced members who stay active in discussion.  That's worthy of a donation to me.

Well said, man.

-Jedd-