Defective Gripper Or Normal Progress?

bubbac

Gripsters,

I've been at this grip game all of a week, having bought the #1 coc. Now I know this gripper is no big deal for a lot of people, but I couldn't get closer than 1/4 inch of closing it for the first couple of days. Yesterday I closed it with my weak (left) hand, and made probably 30 more attempts without success. Today I closed it 9 times with my right and 4 with my left. Is this sudden improvement normal? The gripper doesn't make any unusual noises or anything. Perhaps I've just finally figured out how to hold the thing. Any thoughts?

Gripsters,

I've been at this grip game all of a week, having bought the #1 coc.  Now I know this gripper is no big deal for a lot of people, but I couldn't get closer than 1/4 inch of closing it for the first couple of days.  Yesterday I closed it with my weak (left) hand, and made probably 30 more attempts without success.  Today I closed it 9 times with my right and 4 with my left.  Is this sudden improvement normal?  The gripper doesn't make any unusual noises or anything.  Perhaps I've just finally figured out how to hold the thing.  Any thoughts?

It could be considered normal for a few reasons. You probably have gotten stronger..you are new. Additionally, you are probably refining your technique.

Lastly the gripper is slowly seasoning.

Keep up the good work!!

its all in how your are holding it. and alittle with getting stronger.

in that short time, your hands are "learning" the new movement.

good luck with your grippers. and welcome to the board.

Thanks for the feedback pdoire & king crusher. I'll bet you're right that it was a combination of training the cns to do the movement and slow seasoning. That thing was just a MOTHER right out of the package. Have to grip it into submission and start on a #2 after a few weeks (#2 gripper that is :whistel ).

I am new to all this crushing as well. I think that, like all under-utilized muscles, they respond VERY quickly to training. The secret is keeping your body guessing, with the addition, and variety, of training. Just from reading and lurking around in this forum, I have surmised, that going from a gripper you can close out of the box to the next level up, is a pretty attainable feat. With the exception the 2 to 3 leap (jumping 90ish pounds, in relation to the 40 or so between the t and 1, and 1 and 2).

And congrats on that first of many goals! :rock:

n8

Edited by 5xfive