Gripboard Grip Bash Vlll Events

EricMilfeld

The eighth contest will be held sometime in February, so let's start discussing the events we'd like to contest.

Keep it nice and simple with easily obtainable equipment.

My favorites are the two-hand pinch, one hand dead (straddle), max gripper close, vertical bar lift.

-Jedd-

Keep it nice and simple with easily obtainable equipment.

My favorites are the two-hand pinch, one hand dead (straddle), max gripper close, vertical bar lift.

-Jedd-

Replace Vertical bar with Ring Lift and ill be happy with that :D

Grippers (reps or SH for max)

Suitcase Lift on an oly-bar

2-hand plate pinch

vertical bar

:( i dont care about what lifts are picked all will be good but i hope you pick them fast so we can practice what we aren't good at and get better at them :shifty

I'd like to see a 2 hand pinch with leather work gloves on. Everybody should have access to those, right?

my vote: 1-hand DL, 1" v-bar, 1-hand plate pinch, 25lb plate curl for reps

... and here's a summary of the lifts so far for the grip bash, and which grip bash they were in... hopefully accurate, but maybe not :)

Overhand DL...............5
Monkeygrip DL.............6
1-Hand DL.................2, 4
4-Finger DL...............5
Barbell Hold..............1
1-Hand Clean..............6
2-Hand Plate Pinch........1, 2, 4, 5, 6
2x25 Plate Pinch, Timed...7
Duct-taped Pinch Block....3
Wrist Curl................1, 2, 3, 7
Reverse Curl..............1, 5
Grippers, Max.............2, 3, 6
#1 Gripper Reps...........1
#1 Gripper Straphold......5
1" V-Bar..................7
1 5/8" PVC V-bar..........3
1/4" CRS Bend.............4

I agree with Jed keep it simple.Not everyone will have acsess to some grip equipment.I like the two hand or one hand plate pinch for a max. Hanging from a bar for time might be cool.Wrist roller for a max.maybe.

Good ideas, guys. And yes I'll compose a list here shortly. Mark, that's a really neat list you made there. I like facts and figures. :)

I'll go ahead and list the events now, so you hardcore guys can start training as soon as possible. I'll be posting the official rules in a few days or so. But here's the events:

1) V-bar (contesting both hands with a 1" bar)

2)One Hand Deadlift (contesting both hands with a straddle stance, with a revolving sleeve olympic bar)

3)two hand plate pinch

4)Iron Mind Grippers (contesting both hands, for the toughest gripper you can close, and for reps if possible)

By the way, all of these lifts have been contested in prior Grip Bashes, and the rules of performance will probably remain unchanged.

Let's do it guys! :rock

Eric, great choice of events! :yikes

I love the idea of 4 events being tested.

Call me a pussy if I miss that one again.

and yes that is a great choice for the events. :D

Edited by handgripperman

Cool events. If I can reverse my rectal-cranial inversion, I will participate.

Is there anyone who wishes to compete who doesn't have Iron Mind grippers? If so, should we allow the use of the Beef Builder grippers?

Ok.

1)

Cool events.  If I can reverse my rectal-cranial inversion, I will participate.

What in THE hell does that mean? Man, sometimes I wonder about you...

2) Eric, GREAT choices for the contest. I think that the one arm olympic bar deadlift overhand is one of the BEST determiners of hand strength. It keeps guys with much bigger hands from having too much of an advantage, unlike rolling thunder.

3)I think we should only allow Ironmid grippers because adding beefbuilders will make everything much more complicated and somewhat subjective.

4) :bow GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! :bow

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Dan, that is just another way to say "If I pull my head out of my ass" :)

BB grippers are fine they can be graded right in there with the COC grippers in order of difficulty.

Ok pal, but who is going to grade the BB grippers? If there is no chart determining exactly what they are compared to IM grippers then they should be OUT. No reason to make stuff more complicated than it needs to be.

From what I have squeezed.

2 = M

3 = GM, right.

4 = SE or GE

Not sure what the 1 is like.

-Jedd-

BB grippers are fine they can be graded right in there with the COC grippers in order of difficulty.

Ok pal, but who is going to grade the BB grippers? If there is no chart determining exactly what they are compared to IM grippers then they should be OUT. No reason to make stuff more complicated than it needs to be.

I you are going to be like that, it could easily be said that there is so much variance between IM grippers that an online event using grippers could never be fair. BTW there is a great deal of info at the Gripboard comparing BB and COC grippers including charts. :trout

Since the IM grippers have wire diameter equivalents in the BB grippers, we'll allow for the use of the BB grippers in addition to the IM grippers, thus making the contest even more accessible.