Tendonitis-prevention

burkhardmacht

Does anyone know how to hold the arm when training with the grippers to prevend tendonitis? Do I have to strech the arm or is it better to bend it?

Thanks, Burkhard

Locking the elbow in full extension is another thing I think led me to getting tendonitis. I now leave a little bend in it when going for a big attempt.

-Jedd-

I've also noticed it best to warmup my upper body in general prior to hitting the gripppers. If I don't, I'm subject to all sorts of little tweaks and pains in my shoulders and elbows.

Thanks Jedd, thanks Eric!

I also echo Eric's call for a good warm-up.

I generally don't squeeze grippers until at least 10 or 20 minutes of good sweaty lifting. If I don't warm-up first, either it feels like I am tweeking something or my performance is drastically reduced.

How Eli and Dan and Rick squeeze these things cold and do so well on them is beyond me. More power to them.

-Jedd-

I also echo Eric's call for a good warm-up.

I generally don't squeeze grippers until at least 10 or 20 minutes of good sweaty lifting.  If I don't warm-up first, either it feels like I am tweeking something or my performance is drastically reduced.

How Eli and Dan and Rick squeeze these things cold and do so well on them is beyond me.  More power to them.

-Jedd-

I'll test a lifting warm up next gripper session! Until now I only do a little warm up with the grippers itselfs - minimum so to say...! To squeeze a big gripper cold is impossible for me too - leads to nothing.

the best squeezes i've had have been after heavey squats. i've heard other people say the same thing too. i think it has to do with the increase in blood flow to the forearms and hands.