wat ya think?

sammyg

Hey,

I was just wondering if this routine will give me good results, what kind of results will this give me? I'm 15, weigh bout 140bs.

Every Day- Bodyweight Squats

Dands

Wrestling Bridges

Tues & Thurs- Abs-Hanging Leg Raises

DB sidebends

incline crunches

Grip-bar hangs

DB holds

plate pinchers

What ya think?? 3 reasons why i am training:

1- help 4 everyday activities

2- 2 get betta at fighting, like controlling someone with ease

3- to look good

PLEASE HELP ME!

Head on over to the "animal ability" board at www.ezboard.com

Your question will be better answered there.  But, yea.  Its ok.  As far as fighting goes, you need to fight, run drills (thousands of times,) or intense sparring.

Bodyweight is great, but not so great for strength.  Although handstand push-ups on chairs and one arm chin-ups are challenging, they eventually will become easy.  Even one arm handstand push-ups will become easy at some point.  So the potential for good upper body strength is there, but what about legs?  Sprinting is the best way to go for size and strength.  But that takes a while.

If you are concerned with stunting your growth, stick to bodyweight, if not you might want to consider weights and BW exercise.  Like one set to failure for each set of a brief full body routine.  Then the same for the calisthenics.

Hope that helps.

Michael Falkov

Guest woody36

Sammy, try mixing your leg work up with lunges or squatting

down and jumping as high off the floor as you can to get

some explosiveness into your legs for kicking.Get yourself

a snug fitting rucksack,wrap some weight in a towel and

place it in and you got added resistance for pressups,

closegrip press ups,triceps dips between chairs,hangs from

chinning bar (Most fights come down to grappling,so a good

grip is essential) just add weight when you reach a certain

number of reps.

You can also try shadow boxing with a couple of light plates

in your hands for say a minute or so,five-1 minute rounds to

start and then see how your fitness levels are.

Guest kINGPIN

All of the above is good advice for what you want to achieve.  Try and get hold of 'Inside the Lions Den' by Ken Shamrock.  It is an interesting read as it has some good fighting training and nutrition advice among the story.  It really gets you fired up for training.

Hi Sammy,

Good work kid, you're on the right track! Might I recommend The Brawn series?! If you cannot buy them all buy the first one it has a lot of useful info for a beginner! Remember that every body is different and responds differently to the types of stress that weight trainnig creates! You might want to cut back on your squats to once or twice a week max! Also body bridges are not good performed daily as they tend to overwork your lower back!! If you want to "get better at fighting" you need power which is exactly what your basic compound lifts will do, re; squats,bench press, deadlifts, clean and press,etc. Try these for a few weeks and see if you do not get results, I guarantee you will!

To Health,

JJ

Sammy I should mention that you can start with appx. 20% of body weight on your lifts and go up or down from there do not attempt max lifts until you have developed some power on your basics! No more than  3 workouts weekly!! Good luck!