Have I Lost My Mind?

Sybersnott

Well.... it's official now.  I've completely lost my mind.

Let me explain.  I've had this "strength" bug for quite some time, and this past Christmas, all I got for myself was goodies that I ordered from IronMind, and a whole bunch of books from Bill Hinbern.

But was I satisfied with this?  No sir!

What pushed me over the edge was a post by Roark.  He was talking about a excellent publication entitled, "Anvils, Horseshoes And Cannons" by Leo Gaudreau.  This is a rare publication that has been out of print for quite some time, and to obtain a copy of this two volume set is considered quite a find.

On a lark, I set out to see if someone somewhere had a set for sale.  I did a massive search on the Internet, and came up with a match.  This gentleman had a set for sale - but it wasn't cheap.  He wanted 200 bucks for it.  

Without blinking an eye, I set him a money order.  I got the set of books in the mail a few days ago.

Without going into detail - it was probably the best money I've ever spent.  This publication is worth far MORE than what I paid for it.  

Some of the stuff I've read so far is simply astounding.  The author pulls no punches, and answers questions that I've wanted to know for quite a while.  And the pictures!!  Wow!

Yes, my friends..... I've lost my mind.

And I don't ever want to find it again.  Thanks Roark for clueing me in.  

It was like going on a fishing trip, and finding the Titanic.

Yes, you have lost your mind.

So how long is the book?  Any chance of getting you to scan it?  Some interesting points that stand out as remarkable?

The community wants to know,

Michael Falkov

Every page of AHC is a jewel. In a fire, the first

books I would grab to safety would be AHC. Glossy

paper so they will endure.

Sybersnott and I discussed this before he bought them,

and I talked with my friend and fellow researcher Larry

Aumann about what to tell Sybersnott- spend $200 on

a pair of books of 178 and 225 pages? Larry and I are

wanting extra sets and would indeed have paid more

than $200 for our first set. If you love iron history,

these books are a joy.

The author, Leo Gaudreau, spoke French, and used

that skill to search for facts about Apollon. But most

importantly, he was a THINKER, not accepting every

sacred cow because it came ambling down the lane.

He sought proof, which is the highest compliment to

be given.

Leo also translated Desbonnet's KINGS of STRENGTH,

but so far as I know that translation is either sitting

unread at a publisher's, or lost.

In a move I will never understand, after Leo had

completed his books he DISPOSED of all his research

materials!

Anyway, if you love iron history, and can find these books,

buy them. If it turns out you do not care for them,

you will have NO TROUBLE getting your money back

by selling them to another lover of history.

Syber,

Good to hear from you again,friend,the board has been quite different minus your input,I see you brought your hard drive back up,Welcome back!!

JJ

Thanks blueshadow.... what happened to me was that my files on my computer became corrupted when I tried to install some software for a camera that I bought.  This explains why I was off the GripBoard for so long.  I was going through withdrawls not being able to log on and see what's what.  But now, I've fixed that situation, and I'm back on the GripBoard!

To answer Roark's question as to the seller of the set:  his name is Bob Adams from Butler, Pennsylvania.  He told me that if I wasn't happy with the purchase, he would take it back; no chance of that now.

I've been reading some of my books over the downtime that I wasn't on the 'net, and I'll share what I found out on a different post.  I'm glad to be back!!  :)

Let's eat!!  :D

Actually, Roark.... it'll get taster now that I'm back.  I've been doing my "homework", and I'll share some of what I have found out on some future posts!!

So get your fork, spoon and knife ready!!  Sybersnott's fixin' to serve up some real delicious grip topics.  Stay tuned!  :)

Guest Reverend

Yes, My Son, you have indeed lost your mind.  

Bear in mind that it is always better to go ahead and lose one's mind than to constantly be fretting over whether or not one is LOSING one's mind.  It will assist your spiritual health to just go ahead and let that sucker go.

Especially since, according to my lovely wife, I never had one to begin with.

Happy Lifting,

-The Reverend