What Size Blockweight Should I Get?

isaac

I can pinch 2 25's for about 15-20 secs. I can pick up 4 10's with a loading pin through the middle plus 5 lbs. What size blockweights should I buy?

I agree. then if you need more, you can just add weight to your existing block. I drilled a hole and threaded it so i can bolt plates on.

Thanks for the responses. The only blockweight I've ever tried was a 22.5, the funny thing is that some of my friends couldn't lift it. I could lift it with 1 finger (plus my thumb of course).

Edited by isaac

If you goal is to get the 50 pound Blob up, I would start looking around for one now. The size takes some time getting used to as the smaller ones (30,35,40) have different dimensions. I can't do what you said you can do but I can get the 40 blob about 80% of the time. The 45 and 50 are a little wider and harder to manage, but are great to do negatives with to get used to the size. Some bigger hex weights are easier to find and usually cheaper, so that might work, but the guys I talk to say they have a different feel than that of the Yorks. My advice is to get something you can almost get and do negs with it and go from there. All depends on your cash flow though.

My 2 pennies.

T

At least a 40#. Unless you have the $ and plan to do other things with em' (such as curls) don't bother with the smaller ones, they will just end up sitting there taking up space in no time.

the wide factor on the bigger ones takes alot to get used to!

I straped on 5lbs to my 37.5 and I can fully deadlift it at 42.5 and even hold it for a few seconds but i cant even get a 45lb blob to budge off the ground.

You might want to consider the blob (50) itself..there are some

posts here about deloaders to help you get used to it.

I like the blob50 or blob, just wrap a loop of webbing around it and assist with your other hand and you can do negatives.