What Are The 3 Main Grip Feats

pdoire

I would add that everyone wants to be a "Magnificent Bastard"

Let's see:

Close #3

Bust open pop/beer can (it's just cool)

Bend Red nail (eventually)

Rip pack of cards in half (I know it's technique heavy, but hey, good party trick)

Pinch lift a cinder block from the outside (I bought a pair, to decline my bench, and I tried pinch lifting it from the middle. Damn tough, but I did 3 sets of 5 sec. holds. Unfortunately my right thumb is aching now in the last two joints, so I'm going to lay off for a while. But the thought of pinch lifting one from the outside, thumb to the inside or to the outside, seems pretty impressive to me.)

One armed Eagle Loop pull up (Not strictly grip related, but a good feat to shoot for I think. Now if I could just do some regular pull ups......)

I know, more than three, sorry :)

To-Shin Do

I thought the question was what are the most typical 3 goals of grip, not what are your 3 goals....

Sybersnott, you say that ripping things is a grip stunt but that closing a 3 takes strength? I agree that pinching 2 45s and lifting the inch takes real strength, but the art of closing a gripper takes alot of technique too. I know because I have no technique :) I have also seen many gripsters, including some mash monsters (or very near) that can only outsqueeze me a few kilos on a dyno but can close huge grippers compared to me. You know what I mean?

I thought the question was what are the most typical 3 goals of grip, not what are your 3 goals....

The intent of the question was about "typical" goals for people entering grip

... maybe I was not clear. I also started a post about everyones goals in the

upcoming year.

The intent of the question was about "typical" goals for people entering grip

... maybe I was not clear. I also started a post about everyones goals in the

upcoming year.

Oh, sorry about that!