Brookfields latest grip tip.

Guest kINGPIN

done that. I have used the Heavy Hammer II this way. My favorite piece of equipment for this exercise is with a discarded piece of a pneumatic pipe. There is a ring on one end for attaching weight and the pipe telescopes so I can increase resistance by simpling making the lever arm longer.

I've been using this exercise for quite some time because, like John said, it's very important to keep my wrist straight when aplying back pressure in armwrestling. Great tip!

Guest danreeves

I use hammer levering regulary, have found it to be a great exercise and a real challenge. Only problem is finding really thick handles for the hammers to increase the challenge.

For a variation on this go get an ax, single or double bit, and try levering it. You might want to cover the head with soemthing if you're worryed about cutting yourself. I grew up using axes regularly chopping firewood so they're second nature to me. Although most axe heads are only 4 or 5 lbs at most, the shape of the handle (kind of a long oval i guess) really puts a bind on your wrist and hand. I've tried front levering a 5 lb hammer and then a 5 lb single bit ax and the difference is very noticeable. I believe the single bit puts more strain than the double bit (handles are shaped differently), but I can't swear to it off the top of my head.

Guest danreeves

I thought his tip about trying to close a gripper while suspended on a string wasa great one. Just for laughs i tried it with my trainer COC..............LOL............now I have to go get some plastic ones from Wal-mart like he recommended. The string will humble you.

Guest Matt Brennecke

For a thick handled leverage bar just use your Olympic sized dumbells.  Hold one end, and put weight on the other. You can add weight or use two collars to slide the weight up the other end progressively. You might use a pad though, I bruised the bone at the base of my thumb doing it.