Rolling Thunder

mobsterone

While I wait for Randalls reply (probably too late) can anyone confirm the current record is still 264.5 lbs? And if the 300 lbs falls before year end that the money is still up for grabs?

Cheers - I printed that off - just needed to check it was u to date. I fairly confident of winning the comp, if I can get the record too - that'd be a bonus :D

Steve that would be awesome!

Are you close ?

Old guy he's talking about the reward I.M. is putting up for ANYONE that can pull a 300lb.R.T. lift under there rules.300 bucks for a legal pull offered untill the end of the year.

What comp are you talking about?

There's an open comp for womens strength tomorrow at Bexhill promoted by Clin Anderson. For the guys there's a Rolling THunder Challenge. I have, for the last few days, been suffering witgh my back but even so I have, on my old handle, been pulling 260lb x 3 x 1 reps.

wow 300lbs thats friggin awesome. good luck.

to me, the record would be more important then the 300. imo

If anybody's got a chance, it's you, bro. Steve showed us why he's the thickbar daddy at GGC. His mastery of the inch is included on Disk 3.

-Jedd-

Steve, is this on your old handle or a brand new one?

In training - my old one. At the comp it's brand new. I'm taking my old one to warm up on and I know Colin has another. I'm also taking some painkillers for my iffy back. Wish me luck :D

My journey, thanks to British Rail was so bad that when I arrived ALL of the events were over. They had the competitors meeting at 1130, the RT challenge at 1330 and the days was over by 1600. I arrived at 1510 just before the prize giving. However, Colin was kind enough to let me demonstrate my prowess and so I did 2 reps with the winning (1st place) poundage (just missed the third) of 95 kilos (209lbs) plus the handle (7 lbs - so I did 216 x 2).

I left my home at 9am, the local statio had replacement buses for engineering works (I never saw one) and so I went to the next station, where there were more works. I took a train to East Croydon and could go to London Bridge or out to Brighton - I went to Brighton. On the slowest train possible! At Brighton - more engineering works. I wait nearly an hour (gone 1400) and then set off to Bexhill via Eastbourne. A taxi from the statiion and I arrive at 1510 (1 hour and 20 mins too late).

I'd have pissed winning the comp but would NOT have got the record.

Don't know the names. Dean PM's me via this site saying he was ill and wouldn't be able to make it. So no he wasn't there. Man even without the record I'd have had a nice trophy - some of the guys I'd have beaten were massive (ahem u know why he he).

My journey, thanks to British Rail was so bad that when I arrived ALL of the events were over. They had the competitors meeting at 1130, the RT challenge at 1330 and the days was over by 1600. I arrived at 1510 just before the prize giving. However, Colin was kind enough to let me demonstrate my prowess and so I did 2 reps with the winning (1st place) poundage (just missed the third) of 95 kilos (209lbs) plus the handle (7 lbs - so I did 216 x 2).

You have the patience of a saint.You are handling this quite calmly.

I'm claustophobic ,antagonized by ADD with extreme anxiety :help ........I'd have bailed out of that train before we ever got there.

Sorry you missed out.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I allowed the temper I had to help me lift. I came in, took my coat off and warmed up, took 30 seconds, did 60k, then 80k, put my belt on and took a minute - tried 100k and then, after another minute did the 95 kilos x 2. Then I had a nice cup of tea and a burger :D

By comparison yes - 6 hours and 10 minutes there - 2 hours back. Rob 'Walk Norway' Oakey (he walked 940 miles in 70 or so days for Cancer Research) and Lacey (one of the female lifters from the US) gave me a lift back to my house.