Idea For Micro Loading The Pinch...

smp76

I thought that micro loading a pinch block with a chian would be a great way to micro load. The fact that you are micor loading until failure each time is something to consider but you will know how far you have come when you start out only getting a foot of chain off the ground and then you get three feet a month later this is great. Any thoughts?

-Sean

I've done this. Works good for me. You can also pull until you feel the block start to pull out and hold at that point.

I use plate mate magnetic weights to micro load my plate pinches and my block weight lifts.I have a 2 pair of 1 1/4 lb. and 2 pair of 5/8 lb. weights.I also cut some chain and used a digital food scale to make 1/2 and 1/4 lb. chain weights and usea zip tie to connect the ends so they will fit on my loading pin.

Done it many times. I have used a similar set-up for RT mostly, but yeah, I think it is a good technique.

-Jedd-

I used duct tape to tape a 10 lb plate to my 95 lb hex block weight. When that is easy, I'll tape on a 2.5 etc. I put the tape around the edge that you would use if you were to pick it up by the face so the tape does not interfere with the surface that you use to pinch

I've done this.  Works good for me.  You can also pull until you feel the block start to pull out and hold at that point.

Brilliant

I use plate mate magnetic weights to micro load my plate pinches and my block weight lifts.I have a 2 pair of 1 1/4 lb. and  2 pair of 5/8 lb. weights.I also cut some chain and used a digital food scale to make 1/2 and 1/4 lb. chain weights and usea zip tie to connect the ends so they will fit on my loading pin.

Brilliant

I used duct tape to tape a 10 lb plate to my 95 lb hex block weight.  When that is easy, I'll tape on a 2.5 etc.  I put the tape around the edge that you would use if you were to pick it up by the face so the tape does not interfere with the surface that you use to pinch

Brilliant

I feel like those guys in the Guiness commercial, all brilliant. Thanks Guys. Jedd, RT, would you think this would help with crush?

-SMP