Crushing And Hubbing

Clay Edgin

Went to Hubgeezer's house today for the MM3 certification, which went well.

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/goodmm3.WMV - 600kb

Later Hubgeezer's son Andy and I were bending a little bit and I showed him the benefits of double overhand. He's doing really well in his bending and will be making some big gains as he develops his underhand technique. He is bending 60d's underhand right now and got a 1/4" G5 to 90 degrees overhand. Strong guy.

We went outside to play with some plate hubbing on a deep 45lb plate I have.

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/andyhub.WMV

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/hubgeezer45pulls.WMV

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/45hubsnatching.WMV

All videos are under 1mb I think

Andy tried what must have been 30 times to get that hub locked out but he kept missing it but finally got it on his very last attempt, and Hubgeezer did 7-8 high pulls with the 45 but couldn't get it to turn over for the clean. Very impressive stuff! Then I started playing around with the hub and cleaned & pressed it, then did a couple snatches and lateral raises.

I don't think there should be any controversy on that one. Congrats on being the 2nd man to close that monster.

Clay,

You made that #45 look like a paper weight!!! Nice work. :rock

Clay,

Forgot, congrats on mashing the M3!!! :bow

I have those kind of plates i got from sportmart a 300lb.set for 99 bucks on sale.

They make good hub pinch plates.

Clearly no doubt about that MM3 close!

And 5 reps with a choked #4!!

Your an animal!!

Clay, I just saw your hub lifting video. Three words: Ho Lee Crap! That's outstanding. Nice leg tat, by the way!

To-Shin Do

It has been two days since Clay's MM3 close. I did not watch the video until after I filed my report. In retrospect, I am glad I did that. However, after watching his close on tape, and seeing that the handles were clearly touching for 2 full seconds, I don't think anyone else should ever have me certify, in that I am too tough a grader. It is difficult, as 2 seconds seems like a long time after the fact, but when you are in the thick of it, it seems like a tenth of a second. Clay should feel extra proud, as I did not give him the satisfaction of a congratulations or a thumbs up until he had been home for half an hour, and after I posted. Sorry, Clay! But Big Congratulations!

On a lighter note, on the video that Clay has of me, I show my patented "Hubgeezer Hop" move at the end of the clip. I developed this "sophisticated athletic move" after smashing my big toe to bits 3 years ago. I had just taken a 3 Inch Ironhorse Turk dumbbell handle out of the box, loaded some plates on it, and jerked it up without securing the plates, resulting with a 25 pound plate come side down on the Big Toe. Some days it still hurts. A month ago, Clay watched me leap across the room with a variation of the Hubgeezer Hop when a pvc pipe I was using for pinching snapped. I think I will be a little jumpy for the rest of my life.

I have met Meatloaf twice. The first time he had an Inch on his shoulder. The second time he was bearhugging a beer keg. When my Big Toe senses him, my whole body says "Run, Run! Get away from him if you want to live!

Great job Clay, and thanks for helping my son with the bending tips.

Hubgeezer

good going clay hope to get my grip up there one day and good video not as hi tec as diesel crew but good keep up the good work and keep making videos they can only get better and good hub pinching by all at your house :bow