Pda Choke Collars

pdoire

I just ordered from PDA 2 choke collars

for grippers and was wondering from those who

have used them if they seem to fit most of the

common grippers....IM's,BB,HG at the mid to larger

wire sizes...say from IM#2 or its equal and up?

Have they really helped with close?

I use an oversized washer with several notches cut in it for different positions. You can use a hose clamp too, I put mine right at the top of the handles. It will cut them up some if you don't put something soft under it.

I like chokers. I think they help me concentrate on the close without wasting energy on the set. (Kind of like a handoff on the bench.)

No sets are fun too. Sometimes I do what I call a no-set choker close. It only touch it with the gripping hand. It's a great guage to see progress. Takes all the guess work out of how far you set it.

To answer the question. Yes, they help me.

They help me too. I also use an oversized washer with notches cut in it, although I was fortunate enough to get a PDA collar recently too. Haven't used it though. I like it because there's no setting required - you can just focus on crushing as hard as possible. I've noticed some carryover too, especially when going from closing a hard gripper in a choker to closing an easier one without a choker.

Right. I don't know about Gary, but I used a round file to notch a semi-circle into the washer, which fits right onto the gripper spring.

Right.  I don't know about Gary, but I used a round file to notch a semi-circle into the washer, which fits right onto the gripper spring.

Thanks!

:D

I use a 2" pipe nipple for my choker. Easy to find and cheap. It's not a nice fit though, it takes some work and abrasion on the handle. Excellent for working the inverted close and it helped me develope the closing power I needed to get the #2.