Got A Guy To Try My #2

JustinH

I got a guy at the powerlifting meet I competeted in to try my #2. He wasn't competing that day but is a strong guy and does highland games as well. He closed my #2 easily. I got him to try my #3 but he only got it to parallel. I think if he trained it for a couple months he could easlily get a no set #3 close.

Nice!

That guy has some hand strength. As I have posted before, one of the salesmen at work is a Powerlifter and competes in the 198's. He pulled 610 his last meet and Benched 430. But he still cannot close the #2. After playing with my grippers for a while, he and another salesman ordered their own from IronMind. Pete bought the #1 & #2, while Kenny bought the Trainer. Pete still to this day says he cannot close the #2.

It's always nice to see someone out of the blue who can close a #2. I have only seen one person do it. That is, only one person who does not train grip.

Six...

That's pretty interesting Sixgun. I'm guess he doesn't use straps when pulling 610, right? I'd think after that much experience in deads you'd be able to SLAM a #2.

He wasn't competing that day but is a strong guy and does highland games as well.  He closed my #2 easily.  I got him to try my #3 but he only got it to parallel.

I think the fact that he is a thrower/highland games athlete- has more to do with his exceptional grip- than the fact that he's a powerlifter.

I think it's been discussed before but highland games athletes usually have hellacious grips.

I guess he could just be another 'mutant' or maybe had a labor back ground also......whatever the case....a good 'find'. :D

That's pretty interesting Sixgun. I'm guess he doesn't use straps when pulling 610, right? I'd think after that much experience in deads you'd be able to SLAM a #2.

There's a fair bit of carryover, but not that much. I could do 10 second rack holds with 350kg and deadlift 280 ( both belted, alternate grip, no straps ) when I got my first gripper, an IM#2, and it took me a couple of hours to kiss it shut.

I've heard that Ed Coan and Anthony Clark can only just get the 2.

There's a fair bit of carryover, but not that much. I could do 10 second rack holds with 350kg and deadlift 280 ( both belted, alternate grip, no straps ) when I got my first gripper, an IM#2, and it took me a couple of hours to kiss it shut.

I've heard that Ed Coan and Anthony Clark can only just get the 2.

[/quotei

i read some place that a man shook ed coans hand and he said that he had strong hands. weird that he can only close the number two's. i read an article about ten years back in muscle and fitness. he was training his grip, and he trains it alot, cause how important it is for him to train grip.