calibration results

tomfitz

Hey Tom,

Those are high numbers for a 2 & 3, they sound more like a 3 & 4! How's your progress on them?  Makes me wonder what's going on with Ironmind, what with Quickgrip's double stamped

gripper and all! Just a thought, I don't want to start another controversy, but I wonder If just maybe Randy Strossen thinks there's too many gripmen certifying on the # 3 and wants to make it a bit more challenging?! Hmmmm!

hey, blueshadow. i can close the #2 almost every time. the #3 is still a long way off. when i sent them to be calibrated i also ordered an sos gripper with a ip of 363. i got that one to about a quarter of an inch on the first try but had to stop there because my wrist has been bothering me. just my opinion, but from the results i've seen i think ironmind needs to stop listing the #3 as 280lb. that's just silly.

Actually, that #3 is just on the high side. Not in the #4 range.

Wasn't someone plotting these results? What's the #3 avg. so far?

Yea, the low is 487 on the #4 with a high of 621.  These are a tad bit over 365 IM says.  I think the average is 540ish....

IronMind has units of POUNDS while the calibrations are being done in INCH-LBS so you can't even compare the two. :)

Perhaps it would be interesting to know just how

Ironmind came up with their assigned numbers.

Upon what measuring system were the figures

based? Or were they not measured?

hey, blueshadow. i can close the #2 almost every time.

So what?! I can close the Trainer for reps!! :0  :0  :D  :D

JJ

Roark,

I believe it was Richard Sorin who originally came up with those figures, and Strossen went with them. This was c1991-2? Anyone know for sure? Just posting off the top of my head (makes it REAL hard to armwrestle in this fashion! :hehe

M Bolstad

...if you're gonna do it, over do it.