Battle For Grip Supremacy 2

Rick Walker

Looking like Saturday May 21st, 2005.

It will be limited to 15 people total, so first come first serve. Absolutely no more then 15!

Events will be:

1. Grippers: credit card set of gripper. I will insert the credit card for each attempt. There will be a variety of grippers used from #T up. 3 attempts each hand, score for each hand.

2. PDA Thunderball handle: 1 hand rolling handle lift to lockout for 3 attempts each hand.

3. 1-hand IM block pinch: 1 hand pinch to lockout using IM pinch block. Chalk only allowed.

4. Reverse Curl with 2" axle: Thumbless grip. Lifter will stand in front of a solid wall, and lean back into the wall. Head, upper back, and butt must remain in contact with the wall at all times. Feet may only extend away from wall a maximum of 7 inches. Arms must be kept tight to the body during the lift. 5 attempts will be given.

5. Deadlift with eagle loops: Eagle loops will be attached to a barbell. You will have 5 attempts to lift max weight using the 4fingers of each hand. Weight must be locked out.

All attempts with each lift will have a 1 minute time limit. Scores from each hand will be totalled to find winner. Cash prizes and trophies for top 3. Contest T's for all. Extra events at end for special prizes still to be determined.

This event will be held at my concrete pad. Afterwards food and drink will be available.

If you want video-bring your own camera!

Forms will be ready by next week. Email me for an entry form. All entry forms will be due in by April 1, 2005.

EDIT: ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND A MEMBER OF THE GRIPBOARD.

Rick Walker :rock

Hell yeah. Looks like I'll be in Punxy that weekend.

-Jedd-

gentlemen-

The forms are done now. Email me for one. Please remember this is first come first serve. First 15 I recieve will be entered.

Thanks!

Looks like a good eclectic choice of events, Rick. :rock Are you competing? If so, I predict you will certify as the first man to actually brake the Eagle Loops from pulling too much weight.

Gerry-

Yes, anyone is free to come watch. There will be a small spectator fee.

Eric-

Thanks! I dont think I will be competeing as it is too hard to run it and compete in it and I wont have a lot of help. However, I may do some eagle looping at the end...

Fellas I have already sent out 7 forms between last night and this morning.

Rick is the 2" axle bar knurled or smooth?

I will absolutely be attending BFGS II Rick!!! :)

Send me the form.

Edited by pexter

Havent been training grip like I should :( so I dont deserve to compete .. but I may come watch :D

i think those were the words that I used to convince you to come down to the ggc......if your gonna come, compete. You got the most diesel award, now step up to the plate bro!!!!!

Havent been training grip like I should  so I dont deserve to compete .. but I may come watch

Bro, this contest is May 21st, 2005. You have 6 months! Plenty of time to train.

omg, can the moderators please stop being so PC!!!!!!! we are all adults here, i did not say anything that personally attacked anyone.....

What the heck are you talking about!?

:blink

omg, can the moderators please stop being so PC!!!!!!! we are all adults here, i did not say anything that personally attacked anyone.....

What the heck are you talking about!?

:blink

my first sentence in response to Kurt was "Don't be a P*ssy"

Moderator edit: Your first line was edited out with respect to the female

membership of the Gripboard.

It is not being PC, but rather keeping the quality of the Gripboard

above all other forums with regards to lowbrow, lockerroom language.

Thanks for the dont be such a _ _ _ _ _ comment I do think its fitting for this situation as much as I dont like to hear it ahaha. But na man im pretty commited to getting back into regular weightlifting first, Grip is just a extra for now. I did however make a promise to really start steping it up and hope to do alot better in next years GGC (I Hope) but as of right now I cant even close a #3. Theres better people that can fill my spot, and people that want to compete in this more.

I hope I can even show up I dont know whats planned or if anything will be going on but I will try. You better keep training tho, because as of right now im going to start back up hard.

• 1 month later...