Newbie And Grip Addict

BoneCrusher

hey all,

my name is nate, im 20, 5'11'', 250. im a bodybuilder but i am also into powerlifting and strongman. i was at my girlfriends house and a freind of her parents came over with a bunch of phone books...he showed me a good technique on ripping them and ever since ive been ripping everything i can get my hands on! im addicted! i also did some searches on the net for other strong man grips and found card deck ripping and bending...etc. im working on ripping an entire deck of cards, so far after only two weeks practice im up to 35 cards. i cant wait till i get a hole deck! im also getting ready to oder some HG grippers from heavysports.com. i really dont have any questions right now but im sure i will later down the road. later

~nate

Welcome BoneCrusher,

Read all the FAQ section as deeply as possible. Then utilize the search function,

you will learn a great deal. Welcome to the world of Gripdom.

There are some of the strongest gripsters in the world right here!!

Welcome BoneCrusher,

Read all the FAQ section as deeply as possible. Then utilize the search function,

you will learn a great deal. Welcome to the world of Gripdom.

There are some of the strongest gripsters in the world right here!!

I think MOST of the strongest grippers in the world are here :D

You could probably say all but a handful of the elite gripsters in the world are here.

Glad you have been infected with the sickness. It only gets worse. :D

You might try bursting some soda cans also. That is a lot of fun. Wear gloves if you do (you probably would have figured this out).

im also getting ready to oder some HG grippers from heavysports.com.  i really dont have any questions right now but im sure i will later down the road.

You can also get the grippers from Weightlifter's Warehouse, or from IronMind. They also sell specialized grip tools to work your grip! :) BTW, welcome to the GripBoard!! :D

Welcome to the Hall of Kings, Nate.

What are your best lifts including strongman stuff?

MEAT

MEAT, thanks for the welcome

as of now i really havent trained much for powerlifting, mostly just for mass gains. i have no idea what my 1RM is for any lifts but i usally workout with 405 on the squats for reps (deep), 225 for barbell bench :( , 100's for flat dumbell bench and 315-350 for deadlifts all with a rep range of 6-10, im getting ready to do a powerlifting routine to get my strength up to my size. ive ripped 35 cards and working towards a whole deck, i really need to get some good grippers soon. anyway thanks all for the welcome! also i am going to order HG gippers from heavysports.com, are these good or are ironman better? thanks

~nate

Welcome to the board. As far as your question about Ironman grippers being better than HG: I assume you are talking about Ironmind, and yes the quality is generally better but even the HG's are so far above anything you'll find in a store I'm sure you won't be disappointed. This is the link for the Ironmind website.

www.ironmind.com

Welcome to the board.  As far as your question about Ironman grippers being better than HG:  I assume you are talking about Ironmind, and yes the quality is generally better but even the HG's are so far above anything you'll find in a store I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  This is the link for the Ironmind website.   

www.ironmind.com

Hey thanks jad,

i just ordered my Ironmind grippers today! the trainer, #1, and #2! cant wait till they get here!

Welcome to the best site in all of webdom!

Let us know what you think of those grippers when they arrive. They're no toys, that's for sure. Well actually they will probably become your favorite toys, but what I mean is, they're not child's play. You'll see.

Hey thanks jad,

i just ordered my Ironmind grippers today!  the trainer, #1, and #2!  cant wait till they get here!

Hey! I posted those links, too! Were you not paying attention?!? :dry

i actually have a question about the bbg`s. i like the im grippers better ...tougher grain but i have hg grippers also im interested in buying a bbg what is the status on it? is it narrow grip or wider like the im and what is the grain like? thanks :help

i actually have a question about the bbg`s.  i like the im grippers better ...tougher grain but i have hg grippers also im interested in buying a bbg what is the status on it? is it narrow grip or wider like the im and what is the grain like? thanks  :help

Explain the word, "grain". Are you talking about the knurling on the gripper?

i actually have a question about the bbg`s.  i like the im grippers better ...tougher grain but i have hg grippers also im interested in buying a bbg what is the status on it? is it narrow grip or wider like the im and what is the grain like? thanks  :help

Explain the word, "grain". Are you talking about the knurling on the gripper?

yes.. i wasn`t sure what it was called i refered it to sandpaper

is the bbg grip like img? thanks

yes.. i wasn`t sure what it was called i refered it to sandpaper

is the bbg grip like img? thanks

I think that the Beefbuilder grippers have much sharper knurling on them than the IronMind ones do.

I remember getting some grippers from Tetting (the guy that makes the BB grippers), and the knurling was so sharp I had to take a sandblock and take some of the sharpness out of them before I could use them! :)

I think that the Beefbuilder grippers have much sharper knurling on them than the IronMind ones do.

I remember getting some grippers from Tetting (the guy that makes the BB grippers), and the knurling was so sharp I had to take a sandblock and take some of the sharpness out of them before I could use them!  :)

So weird..I just received and have been using new BB and IM grippers

and at least on my batch the IM's have the sharper knurl.

Maybe its another way the grippers vary..

thanks for the info... much appreciated :D i should have my hg250 closed by next week looking foward to getting one of the bbg`s

okay guys my grippers came friday! i also had my wisdom teeth taken out that day too, which sucked ass!!! but anyway they said i would have to stay out of the gym and refrain from any straining for about a week, but i went ahead and tried the grippers, i coudnt wait! so i got the trainer no prolbem and shut the # 1 pretty easy too, i couldnt get the # 2 though. my 17 year old brother tried and he shut the trainer and the # 1 and is less than 1/2 an inch away from the # 2? are these pretty good for first time tries? considering i did a back workout earlier that day and also had surgery? my brother also worked back earlier that day. thanks guys i cant wait to shut the # 2 and move on the the # 3!

• 2 weeks later...