Hopefully, This Will Be My Last

Vise

as i said b4, i am waiting for my tendonitis in my wrist to heal b4 i start the kta program. i want to gain as much knowledge about the program b4 i start in order to avoid reinjury. my question today is in regards to "no set" closes. i know that kta advocates the set, but i am curious if the program would be equally effective if i used "no set" overcrushes and closes instead of setting them. thanks again for the help.

A few weeks before my #3 cert I started doing no-set overcrushes and I feel that they helped. If nothing else, it will help you get a good feel for no-set, or shallow-set closes. I couldn't tell you if it would be more effective to do all no-set or all set closes. I used a set until I could close the #3 and then started working on no-set closes, overcrushes, and strap holds.

Perhaps for the first few workouts you train the no-sets you'll experience a new kind of hand soreness, but then you should start reaping the benefits. They've helped me.

just to add some thought to this post, do most people find the sweep the easiest, if so I would think KTA with the set to get the crush so it's absolute then work to add the sweep into it......just my thoughts. :D