6. Brian Amundsen- 26 points

7. Cash Scott- 25 points

8. Taylor Wilson- 23 points

9. Greg Theologes- 12 points

10. Steve Shalfey- 9 points

11. Dan Dasko- 7 points

12. Jim Theologes- 4 points

13. Chris Guhl- 2 points

Bob Lipinski put on another good contest. It was at an old hardcore gym in Three Rivers Michigan owned by Don Larkin. The gym had more old grip related implements than most of us will ever seen. Thanks to Bob for all his time, effort and money that went into the contest. And Don Larkin for the use of his gym, it was worth the drive just to talk to him. He is 62 years old and has a wealth of information. Also, thanks to Brian Amundsen and his wife for having all of us over after the contest. We did a bit of strongman lifting a Brian's place.

Thanks to Fat Bastard Barbell and Heavy Grips for donating the prizes. Heavy Grips sent a box of grippers and are also donating the HG400 and HG500. We competed with the 3" Crusher DL handle and John's new 2 hand pinch grip block. We also competed with HG hand grippers working up to the HG400. Other grippers were used for tie breakers.

The field was much closer together this contest than last. More people are developing an interest in grip training in the area. Taylor Wilson closed the #3 gripper in front of his witness for IM. The HG 400 was closed. AP closed a hard #3. Brian Amundsen lifted I believe 140# plus the implement for the 3" Crusher DL handle.

This was a great contest, fun as all hell. I've already given that FB bomb a ride with some weight (although a half-crippled attempt). I worked my ass off for this contest and I have to say that in this field, I'm proud to have gotten third place. I barely edged out Incindium in the 30 york hold for time (.03 of a second is basically stopwatch error time).

I'm still going to have to get a heck of a lot better at thick bar if I expect to stay in the top half of the next contest. Just about everyone bent something that would have won the last contest and closing the easy three didn't put you very high in the standings anymore.

To top it off, hanging out with Don, loading BA's 275 stone and flipping his tire have got me more psyched about training than I have been in a while!

Hell yeah Jeff! I trained my ass off on the bending and made huge progress, and I just ended up barely keeping up with the pack. Everyone is catching up to me on the grippers too.

I am going to make this the year of the Pinch. I really need to improve my pinch and thickbar.