The most rare number three of them all

I got my number three in the mail a few weeks ago.  It seemed strange right away.  It had "3" stamped on the bottom of both handles.  It also felt unbelievably hard.  Too hard...

I brought my grippers with me on my vacation to Miami, and had the local CoC, Pedro Alberni (2nd 18yr old CoC,) give it a try.  He couldn't close it!  And this from someone who is doing up to seven reps on other #3's.  He says it feels like an elite, and indeed he closes the Elite about as far as he closes the "Double Three."

Getting it calibrated would be interesting, but I don't think I'm ready to spend 20 bucks just to confirm that I have one of the hardest 3's around.

I'm sure this post has changed your life,

Michael Falkov

Michael,

Another illustration against the argument that a

#3 is a #3 is a #3. Wonder how many others who

have been certified would fail to close your #3 ?

Calibration is the future.

Quick Grip,

Could you comment on how far apart the handles of your three are?  Also, was it seasoned when Pedro gave it a squeeze, or was that the farthest it had been closed to date?

Send it to Heath, he'll close it!!  I guarantee.

I like the idea of stamping both handles, might make pictures easier.  I wonder if that's the new norm or an aberration?

Is a gripper defective if you can't close it?  I think not.  I hope there's not a bunch of people out there hoping to get a weak one in the hopes of getting certified, statistics should prevent that from happening in MOST cases.  The goal should be to increase one's strength to be able to close whatever gripper is in your hands at the moment.  I have at one time or another closed six different #3's of varying tension including a newly acquired one that feels closer to a #4 at times.  

If you've gotten a hard one I say shoot for the moon, do forced closes, whatever it takes.  Instant gratification is nice but it's so much sweeter when you have to work hard for it.  Keep at it, you'll get it.

No disrespect intended to anyone, I wish everyone good luck attaining your goals. :D

If it's that hard I don't know about that guarantee.  :)

Funny you should mention the double stamp #3.  A ordered a #2 for a friend of mine, when it arrived, it was stamped on both handles.  It felt like a #3, the hardest #2 I have ever tried.  I wonder if it's a new spring stock?

I agree with terminator, work, work, and more work.  Don't worry about dogleg this, well this handle is .001mm longer that, just go after it.  Train smart, but don't disect every little thing.    Good Luck with the beast. :)

The stamps on both handles are the new norm, I guess. My first COC's (#1 and #2) came in yesterday and both handles are stamped. I didn't even knew that used to be different. Now I'm wondering if those are harder than the normal ones?? I'll never know cuz I can't compare.