Hg Grippers

gerryg

My HG250 is a little easier than the #2, but its still much harder than my #1.

Well to show you just how much force is required to close the HG 100 gripper check this out http://www.gripboard.com

Also for a good an honest assessment of the following:

The Heavy Gripper Dream Pack - 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and the limited edition 400 # 62 and 500 #55.

I am not sure if it is a DREAM or a NIGHTMARE. Let me explain:

http://www.gripboard.com

This should give you a better idea of what you are dealing with when purchasing Heavy Grippers but I find them good for the tweeners.

GatorGrip

Edited by GatorGrip

Bottom line, HG are worth the money...

Wait, whats the post about now?

-Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HG200 and not a HG150. Also, I both COC#1 & #2. I feel that the HG200 is between the COC#1 & #2. It's like a 1.5.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it common or is it just among my HG grippers I find the following...

Seems like there is a much bigger "jump" between 250 and 300 than it is between any of the other HG grippers? (100-300).

If following the rating on the HG100-HG150-HG200-HG250 the HG300 feels more like a HG350 or something like that.

Comments?

Grippers vary...

Yes thats well known here around *even if I didn't know how big the variation was before entering this forum* But there are also some differences that are statistical proven even if the variation is taken into consideration.

I'm aware that I maybe have an extraordinary hard HG300 (more likely than that the other four is unusually weak al of them and to the same amount), and thats the reason for asking about if this is "normal" or not.

Because if my experience is the same as others, fine. If not I should go and buy myself another HG300 and hope that it's a easier one.

Any experiences?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried two different HG300 and was a huge difference. I can get 6-8 reps with my HG300 but I couldn´t get closer than 1-1,5 inch from closing the other one.

I have tried two different HG300 and was a huge difference. I can get  6-8 reps with my HG300 but I couldn´t get closer than 1-1,5 inch from closing the other one.

Ok, thanks for your reply.

I'm one millimeter from closing the HG250 but can't even get the handles of the HG300 to parallell.

I bought the set of 5 as a Father's Day gift to myself. I also have the IM T, #1, #2

I really like the narrower spread of these as I don't have huge hands. I can close up to the 200 and almost the 250, about the same as I can get on my #2, about 1/4". I got the 300 to parallel or a little farther, but it's one tough gripper for us mortals, although I do think in time I can get it or darn close.

I really don't train with the grippers as I built some cool stuff for grip training that's much more enjoyable: grip machine, 2 1/2" wrist roller, RT handles 2" & 2 1/2", VB, pinch blocks, etc... So I stick with them at the end of my normal workouts. I only do the grippers once every 2-3 weeks, if I run out of time to grip train at the end of a workout, then I bring them into work and mess around with them all night. Also fun to watch the guys at work try them. Usually they budge it about 1/2" or so, and look at me like "that's no big deal" so I tell them you have to make the handles "click" then give them a demo.

I'm very happy with my purchase as the quality/workmanship is very nice and for $50 how could you beat it. Can't wait to bring in the 300 next week for some of the guys to pop their knuckles trying to close.