2 Finger deadlifts

Faheem Chauhan

What kind of poundages are people using on the 2finger deadlifts on a regular 1-1.6inch bar with an alternate grip?

Kubiks said he used 300lbs wwith 2 fingers of each hand on a 2inch bar, impressive lifting, i`ve only got access to a regular diameter bar so whats the equivalent?

The first time i tried it i got 130kg. ???

Faheem

There's no way to compare finger lifting on bars of different diameters.  I mentioned in another post that I had DL'd 414 pounds (about 188 Kg) using an Oly bar, using the first two fingers of each hand, reverse grip.  But I can't hold a 2" bar with just two fingers because my hands are short.  Gripping with just one or two fingers is not closely related to what you can grip with a whole hand because the unused fingers are curled up in the way of closing your hand.

By the way, when I was working on this, I would do 2-3 max singles, no reps, only once every two weeks because of the strain on the tendons.  Eventually, I was limited by what I could DL, since the slower the pull, the longer you get to hold it.  Very painful.  I suspect there are people on this board who could exceed Goerner's 270 Kg if they cared to work on it.

God, I don't know why the sad smilie Faheem. 130kg for your first attempt seems pretty awsome to me. Thats not far off 300lb and thinner bar or not I think a  :D  is in order. Get yourself some thick bar or pipe and I'm sure your results would be great.

Can't comment myself, I'd never dare do the lift. I've only ever pulled 140kg and that was with straps  :0  :(

FC

Thanks for the response guys.

Hey Scott, cheers for the links. V.interesting. As we write this i`ve done 140kg for a single and it was pretty easy i`ll keep you all posted.

James do you post on the RT? Whats your full name?

FC :)  see i`m smiling now :D

Guest 115-1005574997

Faz

140kg easy ! I think you have got a bit of tallent in the finger lifting department!!  Have a word with david to see if there are any 2 finger records or see how you feel about having a go at the 1 finger records.  Ive got a feeling you will be able to get your name on the record sheet next to Jim....and partialy get your own back on the dinne stone lift :)

Hi there! Just a quick question: when doing a 2-finger lift do you only use your index and middle-finger. Or does the thumb play a role in it too?

Thanks!

Hey Benny, nice to see you over here.

The 2finger dead i do just uses the first two fingers of each hand. I may well try Scotts suggestion and try some 1 foinger deads too.

Saw your grip report over at RT very good.

I'm also interested in finger lifts but I've been thinking about using a ring or something like that.

Thanks Faheem! Good luck with the lift, very impressive 140 kg!

Hey Benny you can get Eagle Loops from Ironmind which let you train each finger on its own or any combination of fingers. Scott`s got a pair.

Faheem

Thanks F. I saw them in the catalogue but I don't think I'm going to order from Ironmind in the near future. Today my COC#1 and 2 came in. They cost me 90 € or about 80 US Dollars!

Because of the S&H and extra customs. I find that very expensive. I live in Belgium BTW.

I going to try and make my own although I have two left hands. :)

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Its a good thing to have but i`m sure you can do without it. Just try the 1 or 2finger deads, raw. And work those deadlifts hard.

You closed the COC straight from the wrapper! me too!!! I bet it wont take you too long to close the number2, after i closed the number1 it took me about 2 months or so to close the no2. Good lifting.

Faheem

I never would have guessed that I was able to close the #1 right out of the wrapper. Great, innit?  :D

I had my first workout with them yesterday evening. I managed 5 singles with each hand and then played a bit with the #2. That one sure feels like it's going to take forever to close! I pinch gripped after that and managed some one hand lifts with a thick bar and my hands are SORE! I guess it's from those grippers because my hands were never this sore.