Warren Tetting Certs

pdoire

Who will be getting certified with Warren in the next several months?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be getting certified with Warren in the next several months?

• I will
    • I will not
    • I will and would like it to be listed in the Gripboard "Records"

Trying to determine who and when people will be attempting to certify

with Warren Tetting. I asked Jedd Johnson about this and he asked me to take a poll to see if it would be worth posting these certs in the "Records and Stats" section of the Gripboard.

Ive done the supermaster and the grandmaster certs and working on the elite. I like his method of only using one hand and its a nice compliment to the mashmonster and IM certs. Definetely a fun way to train.

Austin

Either have the records in his Web site or

have the record in the gripboard to make interesting for

others and motivation.

I've done the SM-cert and I will go further and yes it would be nice to put up a list here in the gripboard, like the Elite closers list.

If Warren wants to start a web site and keep his special cert records, rules, etc. he can do that obviously.

We don't keep IronMind's records here, or the rules, etc. And, I don't think we should start doing that here with any other cert.

I don't believe it would be necessary to "track or do" the actual certs.

Simply create a list like the #1 and #2 list to at least recognize

progress like many of the other lists we have now. I think it would serve

to make the "Gripboard" all that more encompassing as far as this is where to come to see who's who in the grip world, after all this is "the" place

for grip and recognition thereof...isn't it??

Lyle,

Warren Tetting, who makes the BB grippers has a certification program

for grippers ...BBSM, BBGM, BBE, BBSE, BBGE. He requires a

table no-set close..which is not easy. Simply looking to make people more aware of his certs and giving those who cert recognition for doing so.

If Warren wants or doesn't want to create a website is not the issue here.

We are the "Gripboard" and should recognize, or at least list grip achievements.

We do it in all sorts of other ways..this just seems to be a perfect addition.

We don't keep IronMind's records here, or the rules, etc.  And, I don't think we should start doing that here with any other cert.

No Bill we don't, but we do have a list of all those who Are COC's

in our "Records" section. We could just list 'BB Certs" with name and what

level in a list i.e.

Joe Blow SM

John Smith GM...etc.

I certified with the Super Master. I will eventually certify with the Grand Master when I can close it. I think it would be a nice addition to the GripBoard Records. Another option for gripsters. The lists for the SM and GM are short for now. There will be many, many more if people were aware and interested in the table no set method of closing.

i wouldnt mind certifying on a SM sometime soon........i dont have the spare cash to buy one right now, but i want to....just curious, how hard are they normally?

i wouldnt mind certifying on a SM sometime soon........i dont have the spare cash to buy one right now, but i want to....just curious, how hard are they normally?

They vary from a 2.4 to a 2.6. Mine is quite brutal and is probably a 2.6 :tongue

Moss, from my experience, the width of the SM usually determines its difficulty. I've had a 2.5", 2.75", and a 3" SM. The 3" SM was by FAR the hardest of the three. I would rate it much closer to a #3. Maybe even 2.8+. I would be willing to send it to someone if they reimburse me for shipping. It's very hard to close with no set. Probably even for most #3 closers. I would guess that over 75% of the COCs couldn't close it no set. It's a monster. And from what I've felt-I squeezed another 3" SM once-it's in the majority as far as wide SMs go.

The 2.75" SM is my Cert SM and it's at least a 2.6 or higher. The sweep isn't that hard, only the close.

The 2.5" SM, which I no longer have, was definitely closer to the lower range. Maybe a 2.3 or so.

I did the SM and the GM and hope I get the Elite next year. I would like to see a list in the Gripboard-Stats. These lists are very motivating for me.

I say add it to the records, they are great grippers and a table no set is impressive and totally unarguable. We don't have to get involved but just list who achieves it. It would be the responsibility of the certer to notify the record keeper (Jedd?) of the achievement. Very little work for the gripboard in this way.

Thanks to all who have voted. I have notified Jedd Johnson of the results,'

hopefully we will have a Warren tetting cert list. I think the certer would be required to notify Jedd...and then their name would be added to the list,

something simple and easy but still listing the achievement.

I believe as this cert process gets more known more people will

be attempting it.

Waiting for the decision...

The whole Warren Tetting thing is such a mystery to me. I have picked up the phone to call but felt so weird just calling up someone to make a gripper for me. I don't understand why there is a phone number and no other information. When would be a good time to call etc.

Now there is the certification........but how would anyone know, where would you find out? It's like a secret underground grip organization.

I would like to see more information somewhere because it's all a mystery right now.

The whole Warren Tetting thing is such a mystery to me. I have picked up the phone to call but felt so weird just calling up someone to make a gripper for me. I don't understand why there is a phone number and no other information. When would be a good time to call etc.

Now there is the certification........but how would anyone know, where would you find out? It's like a secret underground grip organization.

I would like to see more information somewhere because it's all a mystery right now.

I thought it was just me, I mean, his name is spoken about with such reverance!

I agree with Gary.

The whole thing is a mystery.

I bet if he had a web site and you could actually buy the grippers online and also had the rules listed it would be more popular.

what exactly is a "table no-set close"?

You pick up the gripper from the table with one hand

and close it...you cannot use the other hand at all.

The whole thing is a mystery.

I have only been a member of this board since Set 27 2004.

I never knew anything about Warren Tetting and his certs.

If there is anything that I know about them I have to credit

this board for learning about them. Maybe I am wrong I thought the

Gripboard would be happy to recognize all achievements in grip.

As far as the mystery it appears to me if someone wants to know

about them there is plenty of info here, it is the way I learned about them.

The poll shows that at least 14 people in the next few months would

like to cert with Warren. I do not understand why we would not want to

at least recognize this accomplishment in the form of a list.

We have a number of lists...why not this one?

The certer can simply let Jedd know of the acomplishment and then

get added to the list...similar to the #1 and #2 lists.