Da Vinci

Guest girevik

Guest girevik

I recently found out that Leonardo Da Vinci was a great athlete and a famous gripmaster. He could break chains and bend horseshoes, and things like that. That got me thinking, how could he have done that? What would have been available to train with in Italy so long ago, and what meathods would he have used? It makes you think, doesn't it. Plus, if he could train and be a great athlete and gripmaster, and still do all the things he was famous for, I don't think anyone can say they don't have time to train!

Guest kINGPIN

Hey, was'nt he one of those ninja turtles? ???  :D  :p   Just kidding.  Remember that you don't need a set of grippers or an atlas machine to train grip.  All you need is imagination and the will to be strong.

Leonardo da Vinci's ability to bend horse shoes was mentioned in Tom Black's "Progressions in Steel" published in the June 1999 issue of Milo.

Training methods were most likely very primitive at the time. Everybody was a "dino" by today's standards. The mirror athletes trained near a placid pond but the richer ones had a servant to hold up a plate of polished silver.