Warmups

pdoire

I'm sure this is not an eartshattering finding, but to actually experience

it is enlightening.

After 2 days rest from grip and knuckles still a little sore (KTA)

I had a cup of coffee and then tried my filed #1 that I did last week and ground it.

No way, jose.

Picked up my BBM and also no way. Upset cause I thought I lost strength, I then

made my protein shake, did some squats, handstand pushups and some DB curls...got a little sweat going. I had read thru search about knuckle pain and doing some low intensity repping...15-20 to get circulation going....so I did that along with my normal warmup.

Voila!! Both closed like butter, both of them....I almost wanted to use them for overcrushes on KTA...anyway....a little warmup goes a long way...at least for me..but I'm 49

so a little more warmup may be called for.

I also use an extensive warm-up. I never try anything cold because the results can be less than half of what I can do warm. I just don't understand when people don't warm up much.

The Nathan Holle is said to use a single squeeze of a #3 before going striaght into full work out with his #4. I just don't understand this...I honestly don't now if it is abilitly, training or what...why not warm up?

FYI: I am 26.

Denver,

I read that about Nathan Holle. I need to get the blood flowing, my hands need to feel warm with blood...flushed. Only then do I have max strength for the

ensuing workout.

I find soaking my hands in water as hot as I can stand, then flexing my hands is all the warm up I need.

And can I just say that using a #3 as a warm up tool is the action of a sick, sick man, and I hate him! (Jealousy is a terrible thing!)

With my pathetic weak little hands I use a set of 5 on my coc trainer before going into actually working the coc #1

Twig,

I always soak my hands in hot water prior to a workout, but for me

it is just a start to a good warmup.

the closest i came on my #3 (within 1 mm!)was with no warm up at all.

weird.

but the best full workout of grippers i had was after a day of moving a whole apartment! that warms up the hands.

I always work out cold. In fact, since my workouts consist of 1-2 negatives each hand, nothing is done warmed up.

"I also use an extensive warm-up. I never try anything cold because the results can be less than half of what I can do warm. I just don't understand when people don't warm up much."

I'm used to gripping cold, so a warmup doesn't help much. And since I train randomly throughout the day, my hands are always ready to exert full force.

Without warming your body up for a workout is like starting your car in the middle of the winter, and immediately hitting the gas. Not that efficient. The nervous system needs primed. Long extensive warmup for some, 5 minute warmup for others. It's individual.

Landon

I wholeheartedly agree, I think because my knuckles still hurt it is

especially important...I can warm up till the discomfort is gone...then all is well.

Maybe later when knuckle pain is not an issue I will be able to

warmup less.

Additinally if you have not done KTA and its volume and intensity

than maybe your hands have never reached that borderline pain/gain

threshold. I know the end result has been increased crushing power and that is what this is all about.