#1,2,3 Only?

MeatPlow

How many COC managed to close the #3 using only the #1 and #2? I had a BBM but traded it to someone who wanted it much more than I and plus it will probably get more use with them. Anyway now I only have the above and I am working only no sets once per week.

For the ones who have managed to close the 3 with the 1 and 2 only being able to train with what did you do specifically? Would it also work for doing no set closes?

Thanks.

yeah you can do it.

im right there at the point of getting a 3 somedays and i have only a 1 and 2 and a hg250 but its close to a 2. so you can

I seem to recall Mikael posting that one of the LGC competitors managed to close an Elite whilst only using a #1 in training. Perhaps he could confirm this?

I seem to recall Mikael posting that one of the LGC competitors managed to close an Elite whilst only using a #1 in training. Perhaps he could confirm this?

Only a #1!!!? Thats amazing if true.

It might be possible if you're working with strapholds, overcrushes, and filed grippers... but is it really that hard to pick up a stronger gripper to help yourself along faster?

I only own #2 #3 #4 and can close a three. I worked up to the #2 with negatives, and the #3 with all out attempts. Took maybe a few months of hard training to close the #3, and when I started I had a #1 and could barely close it.

to summarize: yes you can with only CoCs, using hard training like negatives and attempts.

Prior to my certification I owned four grippers. T, 1, 2, 3.

I did not file my grippers, or do KTA. I worked hard on strap holds for and did negatives on a very simple Kinney style SW that cost me a couple bucks to put together. I was able to get the results I wanted without the other grippers.

My .02.

I had the BBSM along with my T,1,2,3,4... Made it alot easier I think?

well guys I don't plan to buy anymore grippers than what I have now. Thats why I asked about the 1-3 only. But, however doing this no set work now I may have to buy something a little harder than the #2 for just plain exercise focus. It seems anymore than not many just use the grippers to exercise with. When you are like me and don't really care about certification it eases the mind a bit although I do want to close the #3 and maybe manage to do plenty of work with it. If the opportunity to certify arises fine, but if not oh well.

Joe Kinney made a device that he used to simulate heavy negatives on a gripper (his "Secret Weapon"). If you search the old posts and the gallery you will find pictures of the machine as well as contact information for Joe if you would like to purchase one.

Working with some junk I had laying about I made one that is similar to the SW for a couple bucks. The leverage point is does not precisely mimic a gripper but it is close enough for me. I will post some pictures in my gallery.

5xfive Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

QUOTE(gordan)

very simple Kinney style SW that cost me a couple bucks

What is a SW?

n8