Crush machine

Fuel Crusher

I've just had a couple of hours spare so I've rattled up myself a crushing grip machine  :D . Similar to a few of the commercial machines around at the mo I made it out of bits of pipe, bolts etc that were lying around the workshop. Ugly but hopefully functional I'll take a few photos tomorrow and post them. I'll also have a play to see what weight is similar to what gripper (although I'm no expert as I'm only playing with the No 1  :(  )

I wonder what Vince would think LOL  :D

FC

Well I've just had a play with my new toy and I may have to make a few adjustments. A quick go without any plates on made me wonder about the leverage I've used and on putting a 2.5kg plate on the machine it feels a touch harder than my No1 Coc :0 . Won't be using much weight with this then! Felt different to a gripper also. Hopefully I'll have the pics uploaded by tomorrow with a better analysis. :D

FC

Guest kINGPIN

That looks great but as they say; 'the proof is in the pudding'......or somin like that.

I can't wait to see what you make next!

I'm gonna have to get a welder.

What you've made in a round-about way is an Atlas.  What I hate about my Atlas is that I can't use it for severe negatives.

O.K. FuelCrusher..... I'm gonna put your talents to the test!

Devise a machine that STARTS with the gripper CLOSED, then as you activate it - it opens with pressure (according to how much weight you have on it).  A machine about that size that you have in the picture.

What I'm looking for is a NEGATIVE RESISTANCE machine!  Now I want you to build me just such a machine!  Good Luck!

Ha Ha, ok Sybersnott, I guess the easiest thing to do would be for me to do a small mod to the above machine. Basicaly I'll put a locking lever or summat on it so that the weight can be 'racked' and locked in the closed gripper position, you then grasp the handles, squeeze and unlock the machine and try to prevent the grippers opening. Of course the weight would force your hand open thus giving quite an extreme negative.

It's actually a great idea that you've given me because I'll probably only use it for negatives anyway due to the different feel of closing it compared to grippers. Caution will be needed I think though when loading up the weight because too much weight when unlocked could injur, what do you think?

Will this fit your bill Syber  :D  :D

Merry Christmas

FC

Guest kINGPIN

Because of the small amount of weight needed on the machine and assuming that 2 1/2 ks is equivelant to the #1.  The #3 is about double the #1.  So why not just close the machine without any weight onand then just place the weight (which should be around 5 ks) on by hand?

just a thought.

No it wouldn't work like that kINGPIN, what feels like a one is actualy a 2.5kg plate plus of course the weight of the loading arm, which is made of quite large chunks of steel (it's clearer on my website). Therefore quite a bit more than 5kg's would be needed to achieve a No3 feel. It may only be in the twenty's mind you but I think it would be too much to have to place yourself while already in position.

If I fit the lever that I plan it'll let me set the machine, set my arm and grip, get psyched then release the weight and scream :D .

I'm working right through xmas so hopefully I'll get chance to do my mod and report back.

I must say thanks Sybersnott for the idea because the more I think about the extreme workout I think I'll get from this the more I'm looking forward to it. :)

Merry Christmas

FC

Man, that's an awesome piece of equipment,FuelCrusher! Obviously you have the talent and the skills for this! The heavy block of metal that it is welded on to seems as if it would minimize cheating quite a bit! Wish I could take that for a test drive!!

JJ

So when are you going to manufacture this?!! I want mine to be the first one out with an autograph and the # 1 stamped on it!!!   ;)   :D  Great engineering work my friend!!

Happy and Healthy Holidays To You,

JJ

Ha Ha blueshadow, I wish!

Thanks for your compliments but I'm strictly amateur, sometimes I get a bit of free time at work when it's quiet so I find things do to keep me busy :D

Guest Askalas

That is a really cool piece of equipment you got there FC.  I really need to learn how to weld so I can make some of this stuff too, I think that you are inspiring us to make our own stuff ;) Keep us posted on how it works for you.

What you've made in a round-about way is an Atlas.  What I hate about my Atlas is that I can't use it for severe negatives.

O.K. FuelCrusher..... I'm gonna put your talents to the test!

Devise a machine that STARTS with the gripper CLOSED, then as you activate it - it opens with pressure (according to how much weight you have on it).  A machine about that size that you have in the picture.

What I'm looking for is a NEGATIVE RESISTANCE machine!  Now I want you to build me just such a machine!  Good Luck!

The Gripanator will do this.

Don't worry blueshadow I'll let you know.

Our station chose xmas to come unstuck in a few major ways so I've practicaly worked through, I've had no time for any workout grip or regular and I've not modded my device yet. I have however got a pretty good idea on how I'll kit it up for the extreme negatives I'm looking forward to.

Watch this space...

Thanks for the kind comments Askalas and JSallee  :D