Just received ironmind order!!

Guest MonStar1023

Guest MonStar1023

Just tonight I received my Ironmind order!! I am so jacked up!! Haha I have been waiting so long for these #### things..

I got the following..

#1 CoC Gripper

#2 CoC Gripper

Mastery of Hand Strength by John Brookefield

:D

I cant even fully close the #1!! I feel like a such a girl..

Guest MonStar1023

Strap holds?

Is that where you squeeze a belt or something with weight on the belt? Lol I cant even close the #1 so thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

John recommends training grip every other day too! ####!

:D

Here it is Mike, a good beginner routine.

1.   warm up properly.

2.   4-5 singles with #1.

3.   try some reps on the #1. If you can't rep it, do timed holds. 3-4 timed holds with each hands.

As soon as you can do more than 5 reps on your #1, do STRAP HOLDS. Yes, a leather belt with weigth attached to it. You won't believe the difference. Hold the weight as long as possible. When you'll hold more than 10 seconds, add weigth.

For a good period of time, I suggest you train 2 times a week. Add some grip exercise to your gripper workouts. My favorites are plate pinching, wrist curl, plate curl and any kind of one hand or two hands deadlift. Grippers + 2-3 exercises gives you a good workout. Remember to always train hard (think of Joe Kinney's intensity) and heavy.

Tou,what kind of warm up would you suggest for this routine also would it be wise to substitute the 2 for the 1?

Thanx

JJ

To warm up, stretch each finger and the wrist. Do 30 wrist rotations in both ways, inward and outward. Close a store gripper or the Trainer for a couple of easy reps. Then, get your hands in hot water for about 2 minutes. In the water, stretch your fingers.

You can train on this routine with any gripper. Iused this routine with the #2 for awhile. Now that I train to close a little gap on the #3, my routine is quite different. It includes a lot of negatives.

Guest kINGPIN

I have just ordered a pair of IM 'eagle loops' and the book Super Squats.  I could not resist these any longer.  I pray to the god of grip that my order be swift and bringeth strength gains.

You will enjoy the eagle loops Kingpin, I like to use them on a standard barbell for SLDL's and rowing! I use them sparingly as I don't want to risk injury and not be able to train on grippers!

Good Health and Happy New Year

JJ

Guest kINGPIN

I'll keep that in mind when I use them Blueshadow.  My plan was to use them for chins and hangs depending how hard they are.  If they are too hard then i will use them just for hangs as I don't want my back work to suffer.

Guest Youngguy

When I got my #1 when I started to grip train, I aimed for reps, (which is good). What this does is conditions a beginners hand to prevent injury, and make it easier for when you reach advanced workouts. Stop and think did any of you jump right to power lifting heavy weights. When I say this I mean when you first ever started to do weight lifting. If you did snap to power lifting, you may have experienced a rough injury. The point is on the grippers, is to do lot of reps when you first enter grip training. Do this with only the trainer and #1. When you reach the #2, then start to strength train.

I didn't close the #3 on accident, I planed it out, and did allot of searching for information too. I know i'm 14 and most people don’t even want to consider using my advice, but I will say it anyway. If you want to know how it is done ask as many people as possible that did it (people who closed a #3 or #4). I asked people who closed the #3, and today I can close the #3, and the information I collected helped in my little journey.

Most of all stay motivated in your workouts, don’t give up, squeeze really hard, and most of all take your work outs very seriously.

Guest kINGPIN

Youngguy, don't feel that no one here is listening to your advice.  Your advice is very welcome and appreciated here.  To me (and I can imagine everyone else) your age is of no concern.  And as for aiming for reps when you start out; I could'nt agree more.  That is exactly how I did it.  I may not be able to close the three yet but I still think that that is how it should be done at the start.

Kingpin,let me know how you do on the hangs with the Eagle Loops, at 214 lbs I hesitate to attempt this as I have never worked finger strength, am I being too cautious?

Thanx

JJ

Guest kINGPIN

Blueshadow, I really could'nt say.  I have never used them before but I can imagine it would be allright if you put your fingers all the way through the loops and slowly over time put less and less in the loops until you are hanging on the ends of your fingers.  Again, I am only speaking theoreticly on this one.  you might want to ask Jesse Murunde.  I think he uses them a lot.  Not sure if he still comes on here though.  Jesse, can you shed any light for us eagle loop newbies?