Grip Gathering

porkbone

So it's not really a contest, but thanks to Steve B, a few of us gripboarders are planning a get together on Saturday, December 11th, at Steve B's place in Westminster, CA.

I know there are a lot of new people on the board in the So. Cal. area, so hopefully we can get a decent turnout. So far, Clay, Gorilla Hands, and Bananafingers have expressed an interest.

If anyone is interested in attending, PM or email me for Steve's address.

While I'm at it, is anyone interested in splitting up an order of plates from Cap Barbell? You have to buy a minimum of 500lbs, but at 35 cents a pound, that isn't very much split up between a few people.

Just a little update on the Cap Barbell deal: you can mix and match plates and dumbbells, just as long as the order is 500lbs or more. In other words, if someone wants 2 45's and 3 different hex dumbbells, it won't be a problem.

I will be there.

Hope to bring a friend to two from my Highland Games team.

Hey ive been looking for this post! Didnt realize it was in the contests section. Barring anything unusual happening, I ought to be able to make it. I may be able to get my buddy.. , "Devlin" on the board, to go with me too. Ive gotten him into bending and the grippers and i know hed love to see some of you guys that really know what you're doing kick some ass at both.

Hi this is Steve B.here.

If you guys need any info on the grip gathering, P.M. me or Porkbone for details.

This should be a good time for people show off,learn,get p.r's,compete and just have fun.I have most of the basic grip,pinch and thickbar stuff and a garage full of equipment.Also have some strongman stuff(log,yoke,2"farmers walk handles)if anyone intrested in that stuff.Feel free to bring your toys also.

Anyone coming that's intrested in half of a 60 and 70lb hex D.B.for block weights let me know i will be getting those from Porkbone when he comes up and i will be selling the pair for 25 bucks.See Ya!

Edited by Steve B.

This is gonna be fun. I oughtta be bringing about 13 grippers (lucky number huh? Hell ill probably buy more by then anyway), and a buncha bending stuff. I have a FBBBC 2.5" crusher and their v-bar handle and loading pin as well.

Is it possible we should duplicate this thread in the man gripboard forum, or some other one to make more people aware of this gathering? I know I overlooked this thread for a long time because I never check out the contests section.

Banana Fingers your probably right the more that see this the better.

One update a friend of mine that runs the weightlifters wharehouse site will be by the grip gathering with a bunch of beef builder grippers if anyone wants to add to thier collection, you'd save on tax and shipping.So far we have 8-10 people real intrested in coming.Let me know if you think your going to be here so i can get an idea of how many to expect.

Steve

Edited by Steve B.

Very cool guys! I am bringing my Inch bell, Blob50, regular 50lb blob, grippers, nails (yes Porkbone, in my cool-ass carrying case). I may also be able to get a second Inch bell for the weekend too if I bet Hubgeezer enough! :)

Very cool

i will bring a bunch of gripper a whole set of fat bastard dumbells and a heavy blob :D

Gotta love the photo of Mike being pursued by a grip crazed Clay.

GIVE ME GRIPPERS!!!!1

Stick a couple Grade 5's in my neck and I could be a fairly convincing Frankenstein's monster.

Didn't you know that's Clays wedding picture.Mike's the gripper bearer.LOL

Or you could say Mikes the sqiuer holding the weapons for battle for knight sir Clayton.HaHa!

I say that pic is bullshit cause Randy took a pic with Clay, Pork, and ME holding an INCH bell on my shoulder....was THAT on the Ironmind ticker??? NO! :angry:

Nobody loves me :(

MEAT

You should email Randy and ask him for the picture. Then you can add it to your "spank-bank" and imagine that you actually lifted it that far.

you whiny little girl

:kiss