Attention Wives!

pexter's_wife

Hey, all you guys out there that want to get your wives into bending tell them to get on the grip board. I used to think it was just my husbands thing he did, but as soon as I started bending my first nail I'm hooked.

This is awesome. Congrats on your first bend!

What nail did you bend?

W

I bent a white nail for the 1st time at the GGC.Bent some green nails a few days ago,and seemed very easy.I gave a galvinized Timber Tie a try,but failed.John said he will buy me some 5mm stock to bend for a step up from a green nail.

Welcome to the board! I'm going to tell my fiancee about this as I try to get her into bending.

Great....now I'll have chicks kicking my ass :) J/K with ya, good luck and stay healthy. See, you had no right to look at us like we were nuts (at the AOBS dinner when we were trying grippers in between salad and main course).

John said he is going to pick up some 7/32" dia.& 15/64" dia. CRS stock to try out tomorrow. I'll try that for a stepping stone in bending. Thanks for welcoming me to the board, I hope that other wives and all women will get interested in this too, I find it very exciting, a rush.

Edited by pexter's_wife

Hey there! I think I met you at the GGC? That's great you're having fun bending! I just bought some stuff to try out, but I'm pretty much on my own so I have no idea what equals what, 'cept for what I read here :)

I may have to introduce my fiancee to bending when I start back again too. I think she would like it if she gave it a chance and I started her off with easy stock. It is definitely a rush to feel a piece of metal bend in your hands. Welcome to the freak show. :blink

Yea, I don't know much about all this either I usually just ask my husband and he tells me, I'm just starting to try the grippers and to get them to close, it's some hard stuff but i know with practice I will get better. it's nice to see other woman interested in it.

That's really great, Pexter's Wife!

Are you engaged in any othe exercise programs, such as weights or aerobics?

That's great Danielle (that's not the way it's spelled, is it?) Tell John to send a some of that stock this way and I'll give it to Jess to try. I think it irked her that she couldn't bend that white nail at GGC.

Cool avatar BTW!

I told my wife about this thread but she swears I'm making it up. I will have to sit her down in front of the computer to show her.

I told my wife about this thread but she swears I'm making it up.  I will have to sit her down in front of the computer to show her.

Maybe they can start a Women's grip section on the gripboard.Just a suggestion. :online

Wait, scratch that...

The baby in the one-arm push-up position was cool, that one is just plain weird!

Pexter and his wife have the best avatars on the board. I am envious!

Wow, double overhand makes me jealous. I'm trying to figure that one out now. I can sort of do timberties that way but need a bit of a kink for anything harder in that style.

Good luck with your bending.

That's really great, Pexter's Wife!

Are you engaged in any othe exercise programs, such as weights or aerobics?

I train at the gym, I try to get there everyday but that never happens so I try to lift at least 3 times a week, alternating chest, shoulders and tris, back and biceps and legs, with ab work every other day and cardio EVERY day. I like to lift but it's hard when you lift alone and no one to spot you through the last reps.

Edited by pexter's_wife

John had mentioned to me that you were getting bit by the bending bug, I'm gonna have to tell Sandi her best is a green nail last year!!

Jon@han

John had mentioned to me that you were getting bit by the bending bug, I'm gonna have to tell Sandi her best is a green nail last year!!

Jon@han

Just got my wife some nice 5mm CRS stock today.It is a hair bigger than 3/16" stock.I cut some 6"long pieces.She wants to try and bend some later on tonight.I'll tell her to post feedback on how she does.

Tonight I bent 5mm CRS stock. It was harder than what I did before which was the green but once I got the bend I kept going to bend it all the way. It took me a few minutes to bend the first 2. John said they were both off centered. John said I should stick with these for awhile, then eventually move up to 6mm CRS stock which is a hair under a 1/4". It would be great to bend the yellow nail one day, who knows. It won't hurt to try ( well it might hurt) :whacked

Any gender that can birth babies can handle the pain of bending.

Keep it up and you'll be bending Blues in no time! :bow:rock