Warm Up

Vise

everyone knows it is good to warm up your muscles before you work at maximum effort. also, a lot of people know they have their strongest crush workout after a set of squats. so my question is, do anyone have specific warm up routines that have proved beneficial (other than of course the higher reps w/a lower gripper)?

Edited by Vise

I don't want to send your post off-topic, but I have found for grippers in particular I can do very well with no warm-up other than general hand stretching.

My warmup is a single with the Trainer, #1, and maybe the #2 if my hands feel "off". I have done the #3 many times cold with no warmup at all with no problems afterwards.

Tx10

1x8

2x4

Ready to roll.

My concern is that I will burn myself out on the warmups so I don't do much, I just try to get the clicks out. I did not realize that you guys did so much warmup before your work sets.

Usually some 20-30 sec holds with a lighter blob gets me going.

The last week or two I've been messing around with trying to get a credit card squeeze on video. Getting it on video has turned out to be harder than doing the squeeze (kinda hard w/a tripod and by myself). My warm-up to date has been a few w/the T, one w/the 1 and one w/the 2. I've found I'm getting stronger squeezes on my second set w/the #3 now. I'll probably start adding a few more reps w/the 2 now.

I wake up my nervous system with a 60 second neck bridge and prime my hands/arms/shoulder girdle with 10-30 second one arm hangs from the chinning bar. I find this activates my reflexes and focuses my mind for grip work.

Sometimes squats.

Everytime

1xTrainer

1x#1

1x#2

1xSM

I wash my hands in hotwater for 2 minutes as hot as u can handle, feels great. then 2sets with 5reps on easier grippers. Thats my warmup

The best warm-up for me is any type of heavy training prior to grip work. Squats, deads, cleans, etc. For grip specifically, I use the T, #1, shot rotations, or other light work.

The hot water is a good idea. However, you don't want to train heavy grippers with wet hands unless you want to get rid of more skin than usual. A heating pad or anything else that can be warmed up in the micro and held onto for a few mintues will work well without weakening your skin.

I wash my hands in hotwater for 2 minutes as hot as u can handle, feels great.

Not SCALDING hot water... just hot water. Has anyone here done the Icy/Hot routine??

WSM_FAN_UK advised me to open and close my hands really fast 40 or 50 times to get the blood flowing, I find this to be all the warm up I need. But I thing the hot water thing would have a similar effect.

WSM_FAN_UK advised me to open and close my hands really fast 40 or 50 times to get the blood flowing, I find this to be all the warm up I need. But I thing the hot water thing would have a similar effect.

John Brookfied recomends this to develop explosivity. I think he said to get as many reps as you can in 90 seconds. When you get up there in reps with this you feel a great rush of blood into the forarms as soon as you stop.

I wash my hands in hotwater for 2 minutes as hot as u can handle, feels great. then 2sets with 5reps on easier grippers. Thats my warmup

I've heard of people using a heating pad as well. I think Terry Duty used to do that. I've had some luck microwaving a washcloth. Get it good and hot then squeeze the crap out of it.

I have used the icy hot (generic brand) and the gloves at night.

It seems to help a lot I have just started last week 9/23 but had aching hands after

my 3rd workout.

I think I remember Joe Kinney talking about the icy hot part in Strossens book...if it worked for him........ :bow