Bending

JasonL

When people ask " what is bending good for? it does not anything in a fight ???

Some questions some fighters have asked me..what would you guys say? this guy does MMA..

I find that when someone sucks at something they generally play the old fox and the grapes routine, they generally talk poorly about that activity and assign it 0 value. To each their own, I personally like to bend, it is fun, it keeps me entertained and it strengthens my fingers, hands, wrists and most of my upperbody. Does it make me a better fighter? I doubt it, and most likely will never find out, I am 35y/o and havnt fought since highschool. I would then hand tough guy one of my red nails and let him have a go at it, when he failed I would crush it for him in a matter of seconds, throw it down at his feet and ask" what good is all this fighting stuff? it doesnt seem to make your hands any stronger... Definitly doesnt make you a better bender...Brett

Last I checked Grip Strength, tendon and joint strength, and pain tolerance were pretty darn applicable to fighting. If someone is very strong but doesn't know how to fight, it really won't help much. If someone knows how to fight, and develops this type of strength as well, he will be a better fighter and less prone to injury.

Bending, Climbing, and MMA are my three pasttimes, and they all compliment each other very well. In BJJ, the entire point is to bend your opponent beyond his natural range of motion. Learning how to focus, apply force, learn the limits of your strength, all while developing the stabalizers from the wrist to shoulder-blade... Tell your MMA buddy that it's complicated and his neandrethal brain wouldn't understand.