Question About 60d's

Paul Kilmer

Got a question guys, I've been cutting down the 1/4'' HRS in my quest to kill the 60D. My best bend so far is a 5'' X 1/4'' piece of HRS. I got confident after this and had a go with a couple of 60D's that seemed to laugh and spit in my face, all I managed was a small kink. The problem is I need some steel that is a stepping stone in between these two bends and the hardware stores around my house don't have shit for CRS stock (which I was told is tougher than HRS). So, my question is if there is any other common type of steel, bolts, whatever, that would be a good bend in between the 5 x 1/4 and the 60D.

I have found that the IM blue stock is a good go-between from store bought 1/4" stock and 60Ds. Almost every 60D I have bent has been harder than an IM blue. I also think that you will find the blue to be tougher than the 5" bend of hrs u r doing now.

Do you have a day when you bend for volume? I found that volume bending helped me progress faster than doing max bends every workout. I bought a 30# bucket of 60d timber ties and alternated max bend days and volume days until I ran out of the TT's. I think the high volume helped me "grease the groove" and helped condition my hands faster than max bending all the time.

Also, 60d's vary quite a bit, from difficult TT's (~yellow) to easy G5's. Shop around and you may find some 60d's that you can work with to get you to your more difficult 60d.

The Fat Bastard Barbell Co. 1/4" stock is harder still than the Ironmind stock. Should be another good stepping stone. Actually, the FBBC stock cut down to 5" feels to me to be a bit harder than a grade 5. But at 7" it feels easier than most 60Ds.

FBBC

intensity is standing between you and that 60d.

before the GGC, my best bend was a 5" 1/4 bar..(home depot, not sure if crs or hrs). I've only managed decent kinks in a 60d up to the ggc.

At the ggc, i killed the blue nail...and demolished a 60d. you don't need a stepping stone between the 1/4" and a 60d, you just need to get up there with the mindset that you are going to kill it.

after that 60d i jumped right to a grade8 (to try and improve my standings), and i had it going but i stopped to readjust and i was done.

I haven't bent anything since the ggc, i will in a couple of days, i'll let you know how the 60d's go for me.