Pinching Standered Or Olympic Plates?

SpeedBoy

Hey.....I know pinching standered plates aren't official. But I was wondering how does that equal up to pinching olympic plates. I'm pinching 5, 10s....and 2, 25s with an extra 10 pounds. I also can't use chalk on them cause it makes it more slippery. Anyone ever compare the different plates??

Yeah it would seem that the 10s are about the same. I figured the 25s were thinner from the videos I've seen. :erm I'ma have to find me some olympic plates somewhere

I have standard 25's from Wal-Mart and they have that dreadful hammertone paint on them. I've found them much harder than black generic olympic 25's with no hammer tone.

Yeah I got those to! they are slippery suckers. Chalk or anything else doesn't work on them....makes it worse. I usually use them after a gripper workout. My hands are all indian burned, so thats when I can get a good grip on them.

Jad? Have you pinched two 25s olympic plates? If so does it take about the same amount of pinch to get them off?....compared to the standered plates?

Yeah I got those to! they are slippery suckers. Chalk or anything else doesn't work on them....makes it worse. I usually use them after a gripper workout. My hands are all indian burned, so thats when I can get a good grip on them.

Jad? Have you pinched two 25s olympic plates? If so does it take about the same amount of pinch to get them off?....compared to the standered plates?

The 25lb olympics I pinched were MUCH easier than the 25lb standards I have. The olympics were black and had a texture about like that of the Gordon V Blob50. They were fairly old because my neighbor said he bought them in the 70s?? Just as a reference: I could almost get the olympics with one finger and my thumb and could pass them from hand to hand with 2 fingers and a thumb pretty easily. The standards I have I can just barely do with 2 fingers and a thumb and my pinch has come up considerably since messing with the olympic 25's. IMO the standards I have are harder not only because they're harder to grip due to that wonderful hammertone crap but they are also more slippery as far as plate to plate especially with them being perfectly flat all the way across.

Cool Jad. So standered or olympic, either way now I know I'm getting a good workout. Thanks alot!!!

:rock