New captains of crush in 2002

Sybersnott

I'm always thrilled when someone finally conquers that darned IM #3!!

This year was my year (along with WannaGrip and a whole host of others).  I started off the year closing the BBM, finally closed that IM #3, and now am very close on the BBE; so it's been a good year for me.

So..... who is going to join the "Captains Of Crush" list in 2002?  My money is on QuickGrip and Kingpin next.  Come on, guys!  Show us you can do it!!!  :)

If memory serves me right Tou isn't far off closing the 3, is that right mate?

Way off myself. :( . Not even got the 2 yet, gonna buy in the new year methinks :)

Merry Christmas

FC

Guest kINGPIN

Snott, thankyou for the encouragement.  I have set myself a goal to close that #3 before christmas (next) :) but as you well know you have to be able to absolutly crush that thing before you can even think about getting certified if you want the pictures to come out verifiable, so this may take a bit longer.  My next step like so many is the BBM.  

Quickgrip is well on his way with that one and I have a sneaky feeling that Tou will get it very soon.

Good luck to all who dare.

I'm now under 1/8 of an inch. As soon as I get my 335 in/lbs SOS from PDA, I give myself no more than two months.

Arthur Antonopoulos is as close as me. He'll get it pretty soon too. Don't forget Tom Black and mayne Jason Horne.

I think it's just awesome. This board and the information exchange. I KNOW it helped me close the #3 by exchanging ideas and talking to guys on this board. No question.  

This site/board is no doubt the king for grip strength just based on the contributors who post here.  I wonder what the number of COC's who post here is now....

i've got to a point where i can close the #2 on a consistent basis. i closed the bb master as soon as i touched it and on the advice of wannagrip i sent my #2 and #3 to pda for testing and at the same time ordered a sos gripper that is somewhere in between. i'm shooting for the end of the year on the #3 and will continue to use this board as a source of information and inspiration. should be an interesting 2002.

Guest John Demchak

I'll add my name to the list.  I first the closed the #2 about 2 months ago with no regular grip training except for farmer's walks.  I can close it pretty much anytime now, sometimes even without a warmup.  After the holidays, I plan to put in a more focused effort on the #3.  Got it to about 1/2" last week.

Guest DavidHW

Add me (tentatively) to the list of 2002 hopefuls. This past weekend, I actually closed the No. 3 for the first time while steadying the spring in my left hand. Doesn't count, and doesn't mean a thing when it comes to verification, but heck . . . it was the first time I'd been able to do that! I feel that if I can just find the right positioning (freehand, the base of the gripper handle closest to my thumb slips ever so slightly right as I get the thing to about 1/16 inch, causing my momentum to halt; any advice from CoCs on how to correct this?), I've got the No. 3 legit, maybe within a month. OTOH, holding it closed for photos may be two or three years off. LOL.

As for my progress, I credit (1) the advice on these boards, and (2) forced negatives on a machine that causes the fingernails to bleed. :)

David

I'm getting the No. 3 to a quarter of an inch of being closed. That quarter of an inch seems like a mile though! I think that if I am diligent in my training with the grippers, 2002 might be a possibility.

paul

Another thing I'd like to add is this.  If you don't already have a IM #3, get one.  This will help a lot with your training, especially when you know what you're up against.  I had one that I trained with - I then bought another one that I qualified with (got certified with).  

WannaGrip, the results aren't back yet with my grippers.  I'll let you know as soon as I get them back from PDA after they calibrate them.  I am about 1/2 inch away on the BBE; so I've still got a long way to go.

You're right Sybersnott,

To close the #3, you have to train on it. I closed the #2 very easily for reps when I got it. Different story with the #3. The difference between the #2 and the #3 is BIG.

Bottom line : you won't close the #3 without training on it (unless you are Ken Brown or Manfred or giants like them).

Thanks Tou for the support. Hopefully I will nail the #3 early in the new year and get certified at the Aussie Grip Champs in front of Nick McKinless and Bruce White, which would be a huge honour, fingers crossed. Just got a get bit more consistent with the training...

I know Tou is very close to getting that #3. Once that PDA gripper arrives, I'm sure strapholds with it will push you over that bridge and onto conquering the #3!!!

Arthur

Guest Youngguy

Well I guess you can add me to the list, because I have already closed my #3 COC. In fact I closed it about 6-8 times yesterday morning. I had pictures taken too, but not on every closure. I got about 2-3 pictures with my dads help, after he made me get him a cup of coffe. Anyway my disposible cam is filled with pictures of the #3, I just hope that some will turn out good. I will even post or give a picture here at gripboard when they get developed.

Youngguy, just email me the pic at wannagrip@grippage.com and I will put it up in the gallery.

I haven't made much progress on my #3 since i got it.  I am still about 1/2 " out.  I did take two months off because of the tendon strain in my right hand.  It feels great now!  I repped my #2 13 times last week, 5 better than before my break.  (I don't work out with reps, I was just curious.)  My strapholds with #1 and 5 lbs are above 10 seconds each hand.  I am adding #3 negatives to my workout now because they don't hurt anymore.  I'm getting a 340IP for Christmas, it just hasn't arrived yet.  That should help me close the gap.  Once I get it, I will be able to part with my #3 while it gets calibrated.

I'm with blue shadow, I should have it by July next year.  Best wishes to all fellow sojourners.

Alan

Guest Youngguy

Not long befor I get the film developed of me closing the #3. I hope for the best that the pictures will turn out right. I filled the camera with almost all pictures of me and #3. If they do turn out write I will be sure to scan and send them in to wannagrip, and Ironmind.