Iron Mind Red Nail

DAN PRAYDIS

ORDERED MY RED NAILS WITH INTENT TO BEND ONE .FILMED OPENING THE BOX AND ALL. WRAPPED THE NAIL AND PROCEEDED TO BEND. I'VE BENT A GRADE 5 AND A GRADE 8 SIX INCH BOLT BY 1/4".BUT WHEN I SAW THESE MONSTERS IT TOOK SOMETHING OUT OF ME.WELL I AT LEAST THOUGHT I'D KINK IT. BUT WHEN I UNWRAPPED IT NO BEND AT ALL. I PLAN TO KEEP A RECORD OF PROGRESS AND HOPE TO BEND IT IN THE FUTURE. ANY ADVICE OR SPECIAL TRAINING WOULD BE APPRECIATED BY THE WAY I THINK I TORE A PECK ON THAT DAMN NAIL. I THINK I'LL TRY AGAIN THIS SUNDAY IF I HEAL UP ENOUGH. ANYBODY WHO HAS BENT THIS NAIL HAS ALL MY RESPECT GOOD TRAINING AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.

If you've bent a grade 8 before, then you're really not that far off the red. The initial kink is harder than the G8 of course, but if you get it hot you can melt it quick.

The extra inch of length takes some time to get used to, buy some 5/16 x 7inch grade 2 bolts and bend several of them to get a feel for the 7 inch stock. Took me 3- 4 weeks after the grade 8 to hit my first red, so you are indeed close.

I have some 7 inch 5/16" CRS and I decided to just "feel" of it tonight. Well that was about the most uncomfortable spread that I have felt of. Funny thing is Friday I was having a hard time doing 60ds that I have melted through like nothing, but tonight went down to feed the animals pulled out a grade 5 that I had started and it was around 45 degree and finished it strong. I was cold to boot. Put a wobble in a grade 8 too but my fingers are a bit sore. Decided to just touch the 7x5/16 and it was unreal awkward due to the length. Would it be possible that for us shorter armed guys that a 6" peice of stock would fit us better and make for easier bends?

Would it be possible that for us shorter armed guys that a 6" peice of stock would fit us better and make for easier bends?

Absolutely. I have long arms, and 7 1/4" feels pretty darn wide using my double overhand technique.

Ive never even seen one of these in person. Anyone willing to sell me ONE red nail that I can torture myself with and stare at from time to time?

Freakin awesome man! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the helpfullness of all the people on this board. You all do a lot to disprove a ton of the stereotypes about strength trainees.