Rolling Thunder Nationals

Tom of Iowa2

Anyone going to participate in this years Rolling Thunder Nationals?

At this time it appears that they have dropped the $500 prize money for winning?

No mention of the bonus $$$ for breaking 300#?

Maybe I'm missing something.

I will be at the GNC giving my best in the Rolling Thunder competition. They are opening it up to all the pros, so this will be a tuff competition to even place in.

Later :D

I will be at the GNC giving my best in the Rolling Thunder competition. They are opening it up to all the pros, so this will be a tuff competition to even place in.

Later :D

TooTall,

Perhaps not that many pros this year?

I suspect without the prize money? not as many Pros will participate.

Odd,if there will likely do it...but some of the others may not?

Even in St. louis -last years nationals-with $500 for first,$300 for second and $200 for third?very few pros participated.

You might do better than you think.

Good luck.

Dane,keep us informed on the strongman and the RT if you can.

Thanks

I will also be at the GNC Show Of Strength and I think I'll participate in the RT contest. They say you can walk-in on Friday (10-8-04) to qualify with a lift of 170 pounds (which is possible for me). I'll begin training for this tomorrow.... :bow

UPDATE: I just posted a help thread in the GripBoard general section hoping to get a few good responses! I'm ready for this!! :D

See my new diary on the wrist roller for my sets and reps scheme. I just typed 200 frigging words for you and then hit button deleting it all by mistake. PM me and I'll do it again tomorrow. Of note will be the simple fact that I am doing a demo on this movement on November 28th at the England Womens Open at Bexhill in England. I want to set a new record if poss. It would be nice if we could both do well. If WE both do, as a result of my tips, can I expect a % your winnings? Or a small prezzy??

• 3 weeks later...
Odd Haugen won again, i believe his best lift was 242 or something of that sort.

There wasn't a big turn out. They moved it to Saturday night instead of Friday night. My friend Chad Woodall has come to the event to compete and could not make it back Sat night. We talked Randy into letting Chad go Friday night to put a lift in. I was not sure if I was going to do the contest or not, but decided to lift with Chad so he would have someone to push him--maybe...lol

We both opened with 187 or so. Then went to 207 and both got it easy. Chad wanted to jump to 222 which would be a PR on an out of the box handle for me. Chad lifted it easy. I lifted it, but could not hold on long enough for good lift.

There were not many weights around so the only thing we could do was jump to 232. It was a tad much for Chad on this day.

The official contest took place the next night, but I was occupied with something else and didn't get to watch.

Randy approached me as I was getting ready to go on a strongman event the next day and said Odd had won. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he said Chad got 2nd and that Chris St. Clair and I tied for third and said I would get a gift certificate. I probably need to follow up with him because I couldn't really think straight when we were talking at the strongman contest.

Good job Ryan. How'd you do in the Strongman contest?

-Jedd-