Im Hub

gerryg

It's alright, but could easily be replicated at the hardware store for a fraction of the cost

I love the Ironmind Hub Gripper. I live for the Ironmind Hub Gripper. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it does not seem to translate into other areas of strength. It does not translate into Blob strength. It does not translate into plate pinching strength, pinch block strength, two handed pinch, etc. If you want to pick up plates by the hub, sure, it helps that. I have been in a total of 2 strength competitions, both where they had the IM Hub. With the Global Grip Challenge setting the standard for contests, I suspect that this event will go the way of the buggy whip. So, I am happy someone else is coming out with another device, as it may keep my event alive.

Hubgeezer

What can you buy at the harware store to replicate the Ironmind hub. Thanks

hockey puck + piece of plywood + eyebolt + epoxy = hub implement

Brian

I have been using it for a couple of months and mine is so slick I wasn't going anywhere with it and wasn't too thrilled with it. The I saw an idea fron Cybersnott about wrapping a layer of athelitic tape around it. That works just fine and I now enjoy using it again.

What can you buy at the harware store to replicate the Ironmind hub. Thanks

Go to the pipe fittings section and get a PVC coupling. They're cheap, so you can get a variety of diameters and train them all.

I love the Ironmind Hub Gripper. I live for the Ironmind Hub Gripper. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it does not seem to translate into other areas of strength. It does not translate into Blob strength. It does not translate into plate pinching strength, pinch block strength, two handed pinch, etc. If you want to pick up plates by the hub, sure, it helps that. I have been in a total of 2 strength competitions, both where they had the IM Hub. With the Global Grip Challenge setting the standard for contests, I suspect that this event will go the way of the buggy whip. So, I am happy someone else is coming out with another device, as it may keep my event alive.

Hubgeezer

Hub pinching is one of my favorite feats. I hope it never goes away. I know there are other feats more difficult and plenty of people can hub lift a 45 but even as someone "in the know", there is just something visually wrong with a a 45 being picked up by the hub. I have an awesome hub lift device I got from AustinSlater but I don't use it much since it doesn't transfer well to other things and I don't have any plates with suitable hubs to test myself on. I break it out every once in awhile though and it's a lot of fun.