How Often Do You Bend?

GarytheDino

I'm still trying to get it right. It seems like 1 week is safe. Sometimes I luck out when I bend more often and have a good workout, but mostly I have a bad one if I bend more than once a week.

I'm kind of the same way. I'll typically bend weekly, but when a buddy comes over and tempts me, or I get the shakes from detoxing from the steel, I have been known to give in and go on a bending binge mid-week.

I'm a weekly bender as well. I just started bending a couple of months ago and when I started bending two to three times a week I got injured. Since switching to once a week my gains have sky rocketed.

My best progress has been once a week, with two days a week of auxiliary work, like sledge.

Same as Jeff, 2 weekly sledge workouts and 1 bending workout. I actually got the idea from him and havent found anything that works better. seems to help with imbalances and overall lower arm health as well. Thanks for the advice!

Austin :D

I guess I'm the exception. I train bending like I train any kind of lifting. One heavy day and one light day for volume. I usually bend on the same days I hit upper body since the same muscles are used in both activities.

When I first started, I progressed to quickly and had to back off to once a week for a couple of months until my hands/wrists were used to the pressures, but once I started bending at least twice a week, I progressed very quickly.

I hate to admit this, BUT...... I bend 6 days a week.

Hi my name is Greg and I am a bendaholic. :D

My general routine is to bend max type bends - go quickly from warm up into maximum bends on day 1. Then day 2 and 3 I do high volume easy bends, use a lot of underhand bending and other styles to hit my wrists from a different angle. Then I rest one day and repeat.

Greg

Most of the time is once per week. I cycle where some weeks I will bend more and less on other weeks.

When I started I was bending frequently - sometimes daily or every other day but now I am bending 1xweek and seem to be doing well -

I did find that as the intensity of my bends increased so did my need for rest between sessions.

Brett