Is This A Legit New Rule #3 Close?

milkbone

I'm trying to get on the Ironmind #3 list and want to know if you think this will meet the rule requirements as they are now. :dry My regret when filming this is that I did not put the card vertical in the handles of the gripper and actually placed the card too far up in the handle. Anyway, I'm just looking for feedback on this to decide whether to go through with getting a witness from them, etc.

Right-click on 3closed.wmv and save it to view it. I don't know why it will not open otherwise.

http://webpages.charter.net/rreagan2036/

Thanks!

That's tough--you're right there! If that particular close wasn't good enough for a witness, I think you've got it in you in another attempt.

Looks like you are there to me. I agree with Zach.

You kind of fumbled a bit with the CC at first which probably distracted you a bit. Practice a bit more with the CC.

Looks pretty good to me. Just some more time with the credit card should help, otherwise congrats! :rock Mike

Obviously the set was wide enough.

However a witness could criticise that this could not be properly verified because the card was not 'horizontally' inserted.

I know thats a problem with the knurling, I have it too.

Better you insert the card vertically from the lower end of the handles.

Then this attempt would pass for sure. :mosher

That is cool and need a buddy to help with that card.

Let the buddy call the shoots and strict the card rules and

pratice with the buddy handling the card and instuct each other

before hand. I think you so close and do not discourage or anything

discourage you because you are so so close.

looks like an accomplisment none the less.

oh and do you have leftovers from that yummy looking dinner in the pic. muhahaah

Credit cards look to be a pain in the ass! Congratulations! They made it tougher and you rose to the challenge. I'd pass that close any day.

Thanks. I went back and did another two closes with the card vertical. However, I couldn't do it yesterday. Just need to rest some more and try again in a few days and see if I can get good footage. I need to make sure I'm consistent before contacting Ironmind. Soon ... very soon.

Thanks again for the input. Yeah, the card is a pain in the ass to screw with!

Offtopic: Oh yeah, we demolished the Thanksgiving dinner. This was taken at my Brother-from-another-mother's house last Thanksgiving. The food was cooked by my fiance. Man it was good ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an updated video of me attempting the cc rule with my #3. I think I've got the hang of handling the card with my other hand now. To view it, right-click and save the file named "3closeccrule.wmv" from the link below.

http://webpages.charter.net/rreagan2036/

Does anyone know if Ironmind will be doing #3 certs at the GNC in Atlanta? I'm hoping since they will be doing the RT event that they will also certify people on grippers. I'm ready to get this thing over with ...

Edited by milkbone

Does anyone know if Ironmind will be doing #3 certs at the GNC in Atlanta? I'm hoping since they will be doing the RT event that they will also certify people on grippers. I'm ready to get this thing over with ...

milkbone,

Did you ask IronMind? Jake Brooks did it last year, so I don't see why you can't do it this year. BTW, I think I can cert you if you ask IronMind....

milkbone,

Did you ask IronMind? Jake Brooks did it last year, so I don't see why you can't do it this year. BTW, I think I can cert you if you ask IronMind....

Snott, I got an email back from Randy today. He said he would certify me at the GNC. I'm waiting to hear back a date and time. I would like to meet up with you Saturday at the show. I mentioned to Randy that you and I would likely meet up Saturday. I'm going to try to go Friday as well. The Ironmind site says the RT qualifier is Friday after the strongman competition, so I want to go Friday to see that.