2 More Certified Bastards

kerbjr

Congrats to John O Brien as he certified on the FBBC 5/16 x 7 bar tonight. He totally destroyed the poor little thing and was easily good for the 6.5 incher. He scared the rest of the bars in the bundle so bad that I was able to bend one as well.. It was a very good night indeed. Would like to thank John Beaty (sp) for the opportunity to certify and for the excellent bending stock from his company. If you have not tried his bars you need to, it is without a doubt the best quality stuff I have seen/used. ... I am putting in an order for some 6.5 inchers first thing tomorrow. Our cert video and papers will be in the mail soon.....

Also A big thanks to all the JWC guys for their support, greatest bunch of guys on the planet...Brett

Way to go Brett and John! :rock If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Beatty will allow you to cut a 7 incher down for shorter certifications.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds the Bastard stock considerably tougher on the crushdown than even the new Reds. What did you guys think?

It is hard for me to compare as this is the only one I have touched so far, and I was very pumped up and mad after missing the Red, I would say that they are indeed a little tougher than the Reds, mostly on the initial kink, crush down felt pretty similar towards the end, but maybe a little tougher to 90 degrees or so....Again not a fair comparison as all my Reds have been bent in training sessions without emotional build-up.....Brett

I did a Red just before the Bastard Bar so I could compare. I definitely think that the initial kink is significantly more difficult, but I didn't think the rest of the bend was much more difficult. Maybe a little, but not much.

Can a "bastard" bend be a legitimate bend? :D

Took me a minute to get that one. lol

I guess it would be illeigitamate but certifiable. ;)