Hand Sizes

Grippa

Ive just measured my hands so i can compare them to the rest of you guys as i think mine are really small. Just trying to find out if this will stop me from one day actually closing the coc 3, im gonna need plenty more muscle first so ive strated working block weights now and given the grippers a rest.

Length from first crease of wrist to finger tip 7 3/8 inches

Width from crease down thumb 3 3/8 inches

My hands are really narrow i feel, im hoping by training really hard and intensely

with the block weights i'll hopefully get some more width going! I have no idea of the anatomy of the hand but is this even possible.

Thanks

Edited by Grippa

This discussion has happened before. You can close the #3. Determination is alot more important than size.

Your hand size "might" be an obstacle if you are interested in certifying with the new IM rule, but not closing the #3. There are numerous short handed members here on the board that mash you #3 at will. If your goal is to get stronger - keep working and the #3 will be in your future.

You will not change the size (length, width) of your hand, as it is pre-determined by genetics. You will, however, be able to add density to the tendons, ligaments and musculature brought on by the SAID principle (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands). Stimulating your hands, through training, will to faciliate this response and your hands will adapt.

Yes, also a no set close of the #3 is possible.

this topic has been beat like a dead horse...just do a search on it and read about it.

mine hands are 8" exactly.

7.25" and the 3 is definetly not out of reach. In fact, the 4 is possible as well.

I think a combination of grippers, block weights and bending will have a big effect on the development of your hands.

Muscle mass and ligament and tendon strengthening.

I just read through Benders website and found loads of excellent information, im thinking of taking up bending now sounds addictive.

Cajun

By the way my hands are around 7 1/4 inches

You will be fine. Myself, Rob V., Bob lipinski and Im sure a ton more have hands not much over 7" and close 3's and beyond. Work hard and you will be fine!

Austin

Cunny maybe they are quite small, but i bet they must be quite thick and chunky.

By the way what gripper are you trying to close at the moment?

Cajun :rock

p.s can we get a picture of them

• 2 months later...

I must be a genetic freak since my right hand is nearly 1/4" longer than my left (or is this normal ?). This is not just 1st crease position. I can put my two hands together and see the difference.

Anyhow.. right about 7 1/2" and left about 7 1/4".

..neilkaz..

Edited by neilkaz