Fbbc

JohnOBrien

Just recieved my shipment of 10 of the "Fat Bastard Bars" (I think this is a good name for them, feel free to lay the slap down on me if you don't agree). I just wanted to say that, like everything else I've ordered from FBBC, the quality is first rate. They even took the time to take the burrs off the ends, which is the biggest complaint I have about the IM bending stock. Such attention to detail, even on the disposable products, is what makes Beatty's (sp?) company stand out above anyone else as far as I'm concerned!

I'll be giving one of them a ride tomorrow and depending on how that goes, see about certifying on them in the near future.

Amen.

Put the hurt on them, John!

John has also given permission to certify on any FBBC bar (contained in the Advanced Bender's Bag) at the GGC2004 - so bring your leather, cordura, ballistic nylon, whatever....and go for it...

Thanks, John! It takes about an extra 1/2 hour to de-grease & grind a Bender's bag worth of stuff, but any excuse to play with tools. Glad you liked them.

Could someone tell me how John's G8's rate in comparison to others you have tried. I almost died in Tommy's living room today trying to do one. I just started handling short G5's and have kinked a G8 but not this one. Seems like a big step up. :blush

Gary, I just bent one, especially for you. :kiss:laugh Actually it did feel just a tad tougher than most I've tried, but as I started looking through my collection of bent grd 8s I realised I've probably only bent the brand with the triangle on the head (which happens to be what John is marketing). I believe this may be the Hillman (or similar name) brand. Mabybe John Beatty can confirm the brand? I'm in the process of calibrating a bunch of stuff right now, and a decent little list will soon be available.

Guys-

I get my bolts at a local fastener company, I'll check the brand with them.

Eric-

Would it be possible for you to drop the bent grade 8 in the mail to me? The guys at the supplier want to see one & it'll be a while before I have the ability to show them one I've done.... :(

KerbJr and I are planning on certifying on these bars this afternoon. Video will be taken and shared. If you want, John, we can send the bars we bend back to you along with video and a bent G8 (I have several laying around).

John

The G8's I get are from True Value, they have 6 lines and a solid triangle.

Edited by GarytheDino