Soreness From Bending

MeatPlow

Its seems that most of the time after a normal bending session for me I get a lot of soreness in my hand. Its in the area between the bones in my hand. I can rub between the bones on the top side of my hand it feels really sore in between each bone. Also I seem to get pretty sore on the outer edge of my hand too. Man this bending is really tough on ones tendons and ligaments.

Where do most of you guys get sore or aches?

At the spot where the most pressure is - not quite as mad / bad as Mr Clay but enough. I also suffered very badly (less so now) from an awful ache in the brachiradialis (he he - look it up).

My hands and wrists experience only a very slight post workout soreness. My right elbow is the area I have to keep close tabs on, though.

i must be lucky.....i only have it in the middle of my palm from the tip of the nail...i try to bend using thin wrappings, because one day i want to bend a 60D bare handed......so far its working....my hands hurt terrible mostly from trying to push it, but after a few days rest, my hands feel tougher than last time. i only had pain in my elbow a couple times, and i think that was from over work....funny thing is this...i usually dont have to work hard on chest crush, since this is very strong for me, but the last couple workouts my chest/tris have been sore

Mostly between the bones, but wearing mittens to bed takes it all away...

Cunny,

You hit the nail one the head with me! Max bends everytime for me and I am nowhere near even having a base. Back to the drawing board for me. I will get the old grade 5 before the year is up!

Bender,

I had been putting linament on nearly everynight but I swear I seem to get better results by putting the gloves on without it. I don't know if it really makes a shit or not but it seems to work better.

I'm new to bending and am glad I'm not the only one with soreness/irritation. Mine is in the top of my hand roughly in the center. Hot soaks for 1/2 hour once or twice daily seem to help along with some Jack's Blue Heat.

I went to the army surplus to buy some gloves to try that method. I believe he said they were called the D3-A's. I am also going to begin using the dexterity balls. Besides just toughening up my wrists/hands more, any suggestions to avoid injuries would be appreciated.