Injured Too

MeatPlow

I pulled something in my arm this evening. I was going to try 10 60ds and on the second one it happened. I couldn't even stand to even begin to try another after words. I guess I need to give myself a few weeks break as I end up going for PR every workout and look what it has got me.

By the way its on the outside of my arm on the top. Its even feels like it runs right into my hand where my pinky attaches to that bone... I tried closing the #1 after too and could not stand to squeeze down on it, although I can pinch with no problem it seems. Just sucks as I bought 5lbs of 60ds this evening...

You need to flush the area with blood as quickly as you can, and continously over the next days. If I would have done that, I probably wouldn't have my left elbow still injured somewhat...

Well its may not be as bad as what I thought last night. My forearm is just a little sore but my hand is extremely sore, but it doesn't feel like anything is torn so maybe just a slight pull and some tendonitis trying to set up.

See your other post - I was the same. It was taking me 20 minutes to recover. After the British it took HOURS! At the European, using advice from Smitty, I wrapped the arm in an ice cold towel where the pain was. The next day nothing. I also have found I need to keep total bending time to 5 minutes or less and or train every 3 day (Monday - Thursday - Sunday etc) on bending.

Steve,

My planned routine is to only bend 2x per week but it always seems to turn into 4-5x per week and 3-4 of those having PR attempts. I guess its like having a gripper you can't close lying around that you grab everytime you pass by...

I am going to bend only 1 time per week and work the sledge on the other day.