Hand Muscle

cajunjay

Hi guys, I know there are loads of exercises and tools that help target the thumb muscle as this muscle is very important in overall grip strength. But what about the muscle on the other side of the palm under the pinkie?? Surely this muscle can also be built up to help balance the hand strength!

Maybe a strange question but does anybody have any training methods or ideas that can isolate this muscle?

:bow

I've got a bit of muscle there, mainly from the grippers. About the size and hardness of a walnut if I flex it.

"GRRRR! MY HANDS ARE BUFF!!!"

Definitely using overcrushes with filed grippers. It helped me gain enough muscle there to make me very sore. I am doing KTA right now and my pinkie and the muscle underneath have definitely improved. :rock

I was doing mostly grippers last year and that muscle improved greatly

I saw a big change with Block weights.

To isolate these muscles do two finger pinch work and extensor work with rubber bands (which helped me a lot!).

by the feel of it I think this may be something the IM claw thingys may help ,if you just used your last two fingers or even just the pinkie, seems wasted though, I think you're better off just training all the fingers together.

Along with the filed grippers , I felt that steel ball rotation extremly helped. I have heavier steel as well so that helps.

Hi guys, I know there are loads of exercises and tools that help target the thumb muscle as this muscle is very important in overall grip strength. But what about the muscle on the other side of the palm under the pinkie?? Surely this muscle can also be built up to help balance the hand strength!

Maybe a strange question but does anybody have any training methods or ideas that can isolate this muscle?

:bow

Most serious guitarists have developed that muscle fairly well on their fretting hands. It really starts to build up with extensive scale practice.

Chances are, you don't play guitar. That's okay. You can get the same effect from a Grip Master. They come in various strengths. Do high reps with your pinkie. Work your way up to six days per week.

I would think finger walking (with sledge), finger walking holds with 1-2 fingers(with sledge), finger holds in multiple directions (with a bucket filled with sand or etc) would help. You can keep adding weight inexpensively as well. Also while you have the hammer out might as well lever it in multiple directions, throw it (room permitting) and smash the dirt with for endurance full body work. All this should build a good amount of hand meat.

-Keith

Inverted gripper closes/holds with pinky only or with pinky and ring finger.