Bent Nails

bigboy

One member here said they used the bent nails to make a windchime for his mom. Once in a while I will just dump my bent nails into the dumpster. I mean, if I want to see bent nails I can just make some more!

i am saving everything i bent until i have been bending for one year....then i will take a picture of the huge pile of steel infront of me.....just me i guess...plus i put the ones that mean something to me on my wall

I save all bent nails that required atleast a 90% effort. Personal record bends are arranged on my display board with a mention of the date. All other nails end up at the city dump. And when I get a "roundtuit" I'll make my wife a windchime.

We put our bent nails into an empty half keg along with other scrap metal we have. We want to make it about 300 pounds or so.

-Jedd-

I've made a couple of wind chimes, but you need a dang hurricane to move the things. Gonna try it again with aluminum.

I've put mine in a large mouth jar. A jar I use to work my extensors. Now I can progress in bending and extensor work at the same time.

I've only got a few dozen bent, but I was beginning to wonder what to do with the nails myself.

I like the windchime idea as well as saving the 'milestone' nails.

Jim

I save my milestone bends and put them on a wall with clear thumbtacks. Got my challenge bars, reds, cut reds, and some machined 3/8" stock.

Save the special ones and save up all the volume bends, then recycle em. When I go buy steel stock I just throw em in there scrap bin, they get paid for it and theyre not just rusting in the ground. I like the idea for saving em for a year, I already have a big cardboard box full but I'll keep em for awhile and see how they build up.

I give them to my Dad, and he's almost full with a 5-gallon bucket. He uses them to micro-load his hand strength exercises.

I've put mine in a large mouth jar. A jar I use to work my extensors. Now I can progress in bending and extensor work at the same time.

That´s a great idea. Thanks for the tip bro.

I occasionally try straightening some of my earlier (easier) victims using minimal padding. Works the fingers more than the wrists :dry

"Straightened" victims are then re-used as victims to be broken in subsequent (and usually at the end of) workouts.

Breaking stuff is sure harder than simply bending it! :blink

David