Wrapping With The Ironmind Pads

Bob Lipinski

IS there some sort of trick to it? I am bending well with 2 IM pads and a washcloth over top, but can't seem to get things right with just the two pads. Any tips or videos?

Fold each pad into thirds or fourths so that you have a 4"x12" or 3"x12" pad. Then place the ends of the nail in the middle of the pads and roll up the pads as tightly as possible.

Thanks Eric, That is what I was doing. Must just not be used to just the IM pads, cause it hurts my hands like hell.

I am folding mine into fourths and it seems to work pretty well, definitley causes more trauma to my hands, I am only doing like one bend every other workout with Im pads and using leather for the rest of them. Otherwise my palms get too sore, going for cert on RED as soon as IM gets back to me. I do have more difficulty with just the pads vs leather, I think it is mostly mental/neurological due to pain.... Also wrapping them as tightly as possible seems to make a big difference.....Brett

Before you roll the nail up in the pads, sprinkle some chalk dust on them. Then roll the nail up as tight as you can

I just started bending w/the IM pads and am having the same problems as Bob. Do the pads break in after a bit? I just dont like the fact that is very difficult to get a tight wrap as the pads will not grab the bar. Will try the chaulk.

They do--use plenty of chalk.

More you use them, the more pliable they become. New ones are a bear to use. Slippery buggers.